New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had problems with my battery a year ago and had it replaced sa casa. They told me that they need to change the ATF of my CVT and it will be done for free.

I bought my Jazz 1.3 CVT in March 2005 and i'm driving it really hard. So far so good naman sya.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good evening!

ang honda cvtf ay superseeded lang ng hcf2 or hindi talaga sila interchangeable?

thanks
    also found hyundai xteer cvt. 1.5k lang. 4L claims na compatible with honda hcf2.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Good evening!

ang honda cvtf ay superseeded lang ng hcf2 or hindi talaga sila interchangeable?

thanks
    also found hyundai xteer cvt. 1.5k lang. 4L claims na compatible with honda hcf2.
    according to motul even the old non-earth dreams cvt will accept the multi-cvt fluid they have. as well as the current gen city and civic. i'm guessing the viscosity is almost the same. I think the xteer cvt should be ok.

https://shopee.ph/(NEW)-XTEER-ATF-CV...035.2511626383

I can't quite see the specs but i think this is the same 4L you're eyeing.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    according to motul even the old non-earth dreams cvt will accept the multi-cvt fluid they have. as well as the current gen city and civic. i'm guessing the viscosity is almost the same. I think the xteer cvt should be ok.

https://shopee.ph/(NEW)-XTEER-ATF-CV...035.2511626383

I can't quite see the specs but i think this is the same 4L you're eyeing.
    thanks for the input!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    May effect ba sa CVT tranny kung mahina na ang battery?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Wala ata. Di naman dependent sa battery yung transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You never know with modern cars ... all sorts of gremlins appear when the computers don't get enough juice ...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    It's just a suspicion I have. With my 4-year old battery, may times na jerky ang andar na ramdam when going slow. Naisip ko baka either sa tranny o sa fuel pump.

Anyways, nagpalit ako ng battery and so far smooth ang ride. Then again, it could be I had sluggish driving habits at ngayon na-reset na ang ECU?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ... it was re-booting ... ?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    It's just a suspicion I have. With my 4-year old battery, may times na jerky ang andar na ramdam when going slow. Naisip ko baka either sa tranny o sa fuel pump.

Anyways, nagpalit ako ng battery and so far smooth ang ride. Then again, it could be I had sluggish driving habits at ngayon na-reset na ang ECU?
    Only experience cvt jerking issues (currently) when battery is completely removed depowering the computer boxes of the car.

In those instances with a cvt car (personal experience), that is when i notice it being 'jerky' or not shift at the same points prior to the depowering. It has also skipped 'gears' on the cvt car with a manual mode. All resolved with a cvt reset at the casa/dealer.

I know there is a device you can hook up to avoid this when changing batteries but tend to do the not adviseable approach of starting the car before changing the batteries. Had no personal issues with the cvts (yet - knock on wood).

2008 city still running but i believe casa said the flywheel needs replacing to remove the shuddering when i gear but on full stop. We havent done it and just shift to N immediately. Never experienced a battery that can start car giving the computer box any issues. Batteries on this vehicles typical last us 2.5 to 3 year max I believe. 90+k kms

2014 sylphy no issues with cvt currently. Never experienced a battery that can start a car giving thr computer box any issues. Batteries typical lasted this one about 2 to 2.5 years. 38+k kms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
cvt transmission maintenance