New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    anybody have any idea about the maintenance scheme of the cvt transmission? any cons about this transmission? anyone? pleeeease?

thanks experts...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... nobody's replaced one yet, so we're not sure... but if you drive hard enough, you might be able to find out...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just regular fluid changes like in a conventional geared A/T or M/T.

Make sure you use the correct fluid (check your owner's manual).

It's when you blow one up that makes things expensive. So take good care of it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    cvt is belt driven right? so pano maintenance ng belt? do you have to change it every so-so number of kms? iniicp ko lang kc, ung belts kc high wear n tear yun e. pano ba?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, but the belt is made from steel. I don't think it ever needs replacing.

EDIT: Depending on the model, it may also have a high density rubber belt. These need replacement when they start to slip.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A couple of weeks ago, Honda Alabang called me up to "upgrade the CVT fluid free of charge" for our Jazz which we bought Oct., 2004. According to them, it's their branch's project and will take only 2 hours.

Has anyone been called-in by their casa for this CVT fluid upgrade?

I surmised they called me because I have not been bringing the car for their PMS. Else it would have been a part of their regular PMS. The last time I brought the car to Honda Alabang for the 10T Km PMS was approx 6 months ago. The car has only 11.7T Km logged as of this time.....

2501:showoff:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Was also called by H for the silent recall.

Honda Thailand filled these units with ATF-Z1. They *should* come with CVTF.

Bring the car in to have it replaced.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    for my 2003 lancer, ATF to use is ATF SPIII for every 40,000 km or 2 years whichever comes first. but pinalitan ko rin kaagad after 30000 kms. A/T specially CVT is a very complex mechanical assembly. so one step ahead kaagad ako to reduce the chance of breakdown..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i have a honda city cvt, i think just like 2dmax said 40tkms or 2yrs din nakalagay sa manual ko...=)

CVT, oh men your lucky guy...pero sayang mababa pa kilometrahe mo...hehehe pero kung libre at honda oils naman why not....go for it...=)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ask lang po bakit yung sa city pag unang andar may parang dumudulas ung transmission belt niya anu po ba problema? parang po nanginginit ung kotse.. CVT na 1.3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
cvt transmission maintenance