New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Trying to correct the height of my clutch pedal ..

What is the correct height of the corolla gli clutch pedal in inches, cm, mm from the floor ?? (per manufacturers instruction)

Mostly the mga vios kasi na nakita ko, and clutch pedal ay slightly above height of the brake pedal .. meron din vio ps na below the height of the brake pedal yung clutch ..

Ano kaya ang correct height for my corolla GLi clutch pedal ????

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^depende sa haba ng legs mo

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^depende sa haba ng legs mo

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    ma adjust naman ang upuan sa haba ng legs ..

ang height ng clutch ang ibig kong sabihin, diba may correct height measurement ang clutch pedal from the floor, travel and free play ??

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    adjustable to suit the driver ba yan?
    ang alam ko, ay hindi. adjust as per manufacturer's, and driver has to learn to live with it.

if your clutch is working fine now, as is, then it is probably already "as per manufacturer's".
    Last edited by dr. d; April 14th, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    adjustable to suit the driver ba yan?
    ang alam ko, ay hindi. adjust as per manufacturer's, and driver has to learn to live with it.

if your clutch is working fine now, as is, then it is probably already "as per manufacturer's".

I know .. that's why i wanted to know the manufacturers correct height specification of my ride .. na replace kasi ang clutch master cylinder last year.. dati yung height ng clutch ay higher than the brake pedal pero after the replacement of clutch master, mag slide na ang clutch kung higher than the brake cya .. kailangan cyang i-adjust same height or just below the height of the brake pedal ....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    I know .. that's why i wanted to know the manufacturers correct height specification of my ride .. na replace kasi ang clutch master cylinder last year.. dati yung height ng clutch ay higher than the brake pedal pero after the replacement of clutch master, mag slide na ang clutch kung higher than the brake cya .. kailangan cyang i-adjust same height or just below the height of the brake pedal ....
    i don't know the numbers, and i wouldn't know if such a number really exists.
    adjust the pedal for the free play vis a vis clutch master cylinder. dudulas yung clutch nyo, kung walang free play.
    adjusting it on the basis of "what it used to be", is not good, because "what it used to be" was based on the worn condition of your clutch master.
    adjusting the clutch pedal vis a vis the brake pedal, isn't good, either, as that brake pedal is also working with a worn brake master.

what i am saying, is that the pedal is adjusted according to free play requirement. the driver has to live with whatever height the pedal then offers.

what you can do, is to ask the mechanic to manipulate the clutch cylinder, if there is such allowance at all, so as to give you your comfortable pedal height afterward.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't know the numbers, and i wouldn't know if such a number really exists.
    adjust the pedal for the free play vis a vis clutch master cylinder. dudulas yung clutch nyo, kung walang free play.
    adjusting it on the basis of "what it used to be", is not good, because "what it used to be" was based on the worn condition of your clutch master.
    adjusting the clutch pedal vis a vis the brake pedal, isn't good, either, as that brake pedal is also working with a worn brake master.

what i am saying, is that the pedal is adjusted according to free play requirement. the driver has to live with whatever height the pedal then offers.

what you can do, is to ask the mechanic to manipulate the clutch cylinder, if there is such allowance at all, so as to give you your comfortable pedal height afterward.

noted po ... thank you very much for giving light on brake and clutch adjustments ..