New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    btw a squeaking sound in the clutch pedal, plus, sometimes total loss of clutch pedal resistance (e.g. the clutch pedal drops to the floor, no resistance, and can't change gears anymore) what is this? happened to me 3 times now. Pretty annoying/unnerving. But the clutch pedal worked itself back up within a few minutes, and I went on with my driving..
    could be a leaking clutch master cylinder or the secondary. happened to me before. parang biglang lubog yung pedal tapos di na mapasok sa gear. tapos bagal ng akyat. hintayin mo pa para makagear ka uli. try checking the brake fluid level. kung nababawasan at walang problema sa preno, this must be it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano recommended upgrades for clutch?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you can find uprated pressure plates and discs with material with a higher coefficient of friction better. pero depends on the car.

also prepare for stiffer pedal pressure because of the upgraded pressure plate.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    in how many kilometers or years should we replace our clutch (manual) transmission.?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    depende

pag clutch driver ka baka wala pang isang taon pudpud na clutch mo.

OEM clutch are said to last 150,000km before being replaced. pag clutch driver ka, it could cut its life to 30,000km or even less

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    in how many kilometers or years should we replace our clutch (manual) transmission.?
    That's a subjective topic to ask. It will all depend on the driving style, part integrity, labor task and vehicle's application. To broad to post on forums.

Just feel the clutch pedal when it starts to slip and lose power when you needed it most.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ako nasa 50K KM palang medyo ramdam na manipis kasi pinagpractisan yun car ng dalawang newbee dati hehe...

ang estimate sakin ng toyota syempre taga...15K for the whole assembly

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    That's a subjective topic to ask. It will all depend on the driving style, part integrity, labor task and vehicle's application. To broad to post on forums.

Just feel the clutch pedal when it starts to slip and lose power when you needed it most.

sorry sir.. im just a newbie trying to ask around..

thanx sa mga reply..
    Last edited by finchy18; October 12th, 2005 at 11:55 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No need for apologies. :D

Hope my brief explanation helps.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mine has more than 80K++ readings ... pero di pa napapalitan ng clutch .... or any parts sa clutch.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Clutch Replacement