New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Di ko sir alam e, un na kasi ung suggestion samin upon checking kahapon overhaul na daw, pero chneck naman ung mga langis ok namab

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    Share ko lang rin. nagpagawa ako nung Saturday sa Banawe.

Clutch Disc 1100
    Pressure Plate 1500
    Bearing (i forgot)
    Gear Oil (i forgot)
    Flywheel - machine shop - 800
    Labor 1500
    started at 10am, natapos ng 8pm.
    Sir d'flash anong kotse po ito? At anong shop at saan po banda sa Banawe? Maraming salamat

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    be very very careful of the asbestos dust when your clutch is replaced. asbestos fibers can be airborn for three days. proper engineering procedure can minimize your exposure. even if you're not the one doing the job, it is your car and that there is a possibility of the asbestos dust in your car.

how i do it to protect myself and the customer:

i pop the clutch fork boot (non peugeot type clutch) and squirt about half a cup of liquid dishwashing liquid inside the bell housing. then, with a large catch pan under the transmission/transaxle,run the engine and run water using a garden hose through the clutch shift fork boot until the rinse water stops foaming and runs clear. the contaminated water that had been collected dispose in the sewer or in the septic tank. once the rinsing is done, you are safe to go ahead with the clutch job. if the "mechanic" insists that he had been doing this for a long time and that the procedure is unnecessary, think about your health even if he is not concerned about his.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    it really depends on the engine. if it's the stock one i might not have an upgrade for you. normally the upgraded clutches are available for the more performance oriented engines to begin with. exedy race clutches will start in the 14-16k range for the disc and pressure plate and move up in price depending on application and type of clutch.
    I just changed my engine. I'm now using 4G93T AWD for my Lancer itlog. Sliding na yung clutch nya, I am wondering what type of clutch I should replace it with. Regarding driving style naman, I don't race it, just replaced the engine and changed to AWD to feel a little kick and adrenaline when I put the pedal to the metal.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Good day,
    Our monterosport (2010 GLX,Odo:46000+) makes this hissing sound(like an air is being released) whenever I press the clutch pedal. The sound disappears when I release the clutch pedal. I am not sure though but maybe the throwout bearing that gone bad might cause this sound.

Any similar cases with you guys? Is it possible that I can just have my throwout bearing replaced or do I have to buy a new clutch assembly? (Some late car models kind of built in the throwout system to the pressure plate, so I might have to replace the whole thing)

How much kaya gagastusin?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    ask lang din ako, binaba ko this morning ang transmission ng sentra series 3 ko dahil papalitan ko ng clutch.

meron bang nabibiling clutch kit? anyone knows mga how much kaya iyon? meron na din bang kasamang return spring, release bearing, and release bearing retainers yun?

thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    A clutch replacement job is a semi/moderate major task. It requires the vehicle to be disabled for at least two hours. To save time, money and the inconvenience, replace all of the components as a set and throw in a rear main (rear crankshaft) seal.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Pagnagbaba ng transmission dapat isang gawa at palit na ng disc, pressure plate at release bearing pati na corresponding oil. Ikaw na bumili ng parts OEM and ipamekaniko mo nlang. Budget ka ng 10k (estimate)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    ask lang din ako, binaba ko this morning ang transmission ng sentra series 3 ko dahil papalitan ko ng clutch.

meron bang nabibiling clutch kit? anyone knows mga how much kaya iyon? meron na din bang kasamang return spring, release bearing, and release bearing retainers yun?

thanks.

i don't recall. but i recommend all-japan made items, sir, if we want to preserve clutch pedal softness (my mechanic told me).
    Last edited by dr. d; October 1st, 2016 at 12:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    meron ako nahanap na clutch, brand is "PARAUT UNISIA" magandang brand ba ito?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Clutch Replacement