New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Have it properly diagnosed at Shell Magallanes. Ask what parts are needed and the price. You buy the parts and you pay them the labor. For genuine Honda parts, call Toyosco parts center - Tel: 8334807, 8334810, 8871838, 8450175. They can give you the price over the phone.
    i am familiar with the place. their mechanics are good?

my caveats,
    1. busy lagi ang garages, when i pass by on weekends.
    2. medyo malayo sa pinakamalapit na spare parts stores, sa pasay rotonda.

there's a honda establishment, just a leisurely walk away. does it sell spare parts?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am familiar with the place. their mechanics are good?

my caveats,
    1. busy lagi ang garages, when i pass by on weekends.
    2. medyo malayo sa pinakamalapit na spare parts stores, sa pasay rotonda.

there's a honda establishment, just a leisurely walk away. does it sell spare parts?
    I see new faces there and I think they have added more mechanics now. I've changed my fan belt, changed my shocks, tire rotation, did an oil change/air filter/oil filter/spark plugs there. So far they did a good job. But, as with all mechanics, even the good ones, there will always be instances of a back job. You can't always get it right the first time. But, I can live with it. Just make sure you'll be the one buying the parts as buying directly from them could get expensive.

It's very busy and fully booked during the weekends. If you have time to spare during the weekdays, this is the best time. Otherwise, just come really early before they open. Sometimes, if it's fully booked, my other alternative is Tire Asia which is located in Sucat, Paranaque (Tel: 820-8056). It's a much bigger place with many lifters and hordes of mechanics. They are also very busy during the weekends. But, there will always be a mechanic assigned to your car.

I prefer busy places rather than an empty one. No brainer.

Toyosco is just 15-20 mins walk away from Honda Cars Makati and Shell Magallenes. I don't think people would want to buy parts from the casa. Overpriced. lol. I've heard Honda getting their parts from Toyosco and I've seen uniformed staff from Toyota getting their parts there as well. They are well organized and they have a database of car parts. It would help them if you could bring the part with you or take a picture of it if you don't know the name of the part.

If you have budget and if you car is old, you can have your car serviced from freelance mechanics from pasay/evangelista hanging around in automotive shops. I had my clutch bleed, brakes bleed, IACV cleaning, power steering pump, bushings, door handles, gas door mechanism, done with these guys. I'm surprised. They did a good job! Their only disadvantage is they don't have a lifter. But, it's really up to you if you have the appetite for risks and adventure.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Have it properly diagnosed at Shell Magallanes. Ask what parts are needed and the price. You buy the parts and you pay them the labor. For genuine Honda parts, call Toyosco parts center - Tel: 8334807, 8334810, 8871838, 8450175. They can give you the price over the phone.
    Thank you brushless

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Thank you sir brushless..any inputs po sa service ng Shell Magallanes?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    I see new faces there and I think they have added more mechanics now. I've changed my fan belt, changed my shocks, tire rotation, did an oil change/air filter/oil filter/spark plugs there. So far they did a good job. But, as with all mechanics, even the good ones, there will always be instances of a back job. You can't always get it right the first time. But, I can live with it. Just make sure you'll be the one buying the parts as buying directly from them could get expensive.

It's very busy and fully booked during the weekends. If you have time to spare during the weekdays, this is the best time. Otherwise, just come really early before they open. Sometimes, if it's fully booked, my other alternative is Tire Asia which is located in Sucat, Paranaque (Tel: 820-8056). It's a much bigger place with many lifters and hordes of mechanics. They are also very busy during the weekends. But, there will always be a mechanic assigned to your car.

I prefer busy places rather than an empty one. No brainer.

Toyosco is just 15-20 mins walk away from Honda Cars Makati and Shell Magallenes. I don't think people would want to buy parts from the casa. Overpriced. lol. I've heard Honda getting their parts from Toyosco and I've seen uniformed staff from Toyota getting their parts there as well. They are well organized and they have a database of car parts. It would help them if you could bring the part with you or take a picture of it if you don't know the name of the part.

If you have budget and if you car is old, you can have your car serviced from freelance mechanics from pasay/evangelista hanging around in automotive shops. I had my clutch bleed, brakes bleed, IACV cleaning, power steering pump, bushings, door handles, gas door mechanism, done with these guys. I'm surprised. They did a good job! Their only disadvantage is they don't have a lifter. But, it's really up to you if you have the appetite for risks and adventure.
    Just an update. Checked the engine bay and there is no signs of any leaks. I tried to fill up the clutch fluid and after a few pumps on the clutch pedal, its back to normal. Thank you for your inputs Dr d and brushless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Clutch Fluid Level at Reservoir decreasing