New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    isuzu experts, i need your help...

i few days ago i was driving my bighorn when suddenly the "check transmission" LED on the dash started blinking. but before that i also noticed that the speedometer started to become erratic and stopped working. i also noticed that once the LED started blinking i was experiencing delayed shifting. i checked all fluid levels and everything is normal. can anyone shed some light on what is causing the "check transmission" LED to blink?

weird thing is, this does not happen all the time. and at ignition the LED does not blink and works normally. its only after driving the vehicle for a certain amount of time does the LED start to blink. and when it does

i hope someone can also recommend a mechanic who knows the internal workings of a converted unit (lalo na yung mga sensors, etc). maraming salamat po in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    isuzu experts, i need your help...

i few days ago i was driving my bighorn when suddenly the "check transmission" LED on the dash started blinking. but before that i also noticed that the speedometer started to become erratic and stopped working. i also noticed that once the LED started blinking i was experiencing delayed shifting. i checked all fluid levels and everything is normal. can anyone shed some light on what is causing the "check transmission" LED to blink?

weird thing is, this does not happen all the time. and at ignition the LED does not blink and works normally. its only after driving the vehicle for a certain amount of time does the LED start to blink. and when it does

i hope someone can also recommend a mechanic who knows the internal workings of a converted unit (lalo na yung mga sensors, etc). maraming salamat po in advance.

I assume your ride is AT. I dont own an Isuzu, but I have an idea on what's causing your problem. The blinking LED on the dash is similar to Honda's blinking "D4" light. Since that sensor is dependent on the speedometer/ tachometer for shifting points, fixing the speedo will solve your problem.

Anyway, sabi mo naman the AT fluid level is ok, and smells ok...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    good insight galactus, but what would explain yung delayed shifting? ganito kasi yung order ng symptoms niya:

1. speedometer stops working

2. check transmission light blinks

3. delayed shifting occurs.

sorry, forgot to mention na AT yung bighorn namin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i think the delayed shifting is probably a "limp mode" or "safe mode" of your car. with today's complex ECUs, any perceived malfunction that the ECU detects causes the vehicle to run in safe mode; meaning, the car will not run to its full capacity because safe mode is only meant to bring the car to the nearest shop or service center.

i don't own an isuzu as well but i can give you an analogy of what happened to my bmw while driving on edsa. all of a sudden, my abs warning light and drivetrain warning lights came on. apart from the warning lights, the AT experienced delayed shifting, up to the point it wouldn't shift up from 2nd gear. when i brought it to autohaus bmw in libis, i was told that safe mode or limp mode prevented me from going fast in view of the warning lights that's why the transmission would no longer shift up. turned out that i had a busted wheel speed sensor on the driver's side front wheel. from the looks of it, your problem might be sensors as well, specifically electronic in nature

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah, parameters of the computer are dependent on certain sensors like the one that powers the speedo. if it's busted, the engine can't get the correct readings kaya that's what happens.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmmm, that makes alot sense speedyfix and momoyster, salamat. one other thing that i noticed, that might support your answers, is that yung mechanic namin disconnected kasi yung battery ng isuzu, after a few minutes binalik niya and i started to test drive the vehicle. i noticed right away that everything was working fine. pati yung shifting. then after a few kilometers ayan nanaman.

ang problem ko ngayon is sino kaya pwede tumingin ng isuzu namin? speedyfix kaya niyo ba mag ayos ng big horn?

just prepare for the worse, replace a/t..............

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we can check it out naman for you if we don't fix it we don't charge you naman

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    uy, salamat speedyfix!!

alwayz_yummy, what do you mean palit a/t? yung transmission ba? but i just bought i new one e. local a/t ng trooper.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    good insight galactus, but what would explain yung delayed shifting? ganito kasi yung order ng symptoms niya:

1. speedometer stops working

2. check transmission light blinks

3. delayed shifting occurs.

sorry, forgot to mention na AT yung bighorn namin.
    yes yes yes i experienced all of the above on my isuzu crosswind. This was caused by dirty transmission oil, which resulted to my speed sensor breaking down. Electronic problem lang yan. Palit ka speed sensor. mga 3taw mahigit ata e. Palit kana rin ng transmission oil, sa tingin ko madumi na.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
"check transmission" LED on 4jg2 trooper bighorn