New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Tingin ko tinamad na toyota to develop new M/T for the innova.. dapat kasi yan naka 6speed MT na.. yung 5MT is outdated na for the engine.. kumbaga bitin sa gear kahit kaya pa ng engine
    "don't fix what ain't broken".

"bibilhin rin naman yan, kahit 5MT lang yan."

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    oh yeah definitely won't install useless accessories so i'll be installing only lightweight functional stuff, like a superlight tow bar. i already built a superlight tow bar for my ecosport, and i also want jimny to be able to tow coz it has higher tow rating that ecosport
    Yes it has towing capability (per manual).
    Bihira yung tow capability for such a small car like the ecosport ah! Ang alam ko yung mga Mirage/Wigo etc., naka specify sa manual do not use for towing.

EDIT: [ Erratum: Ay Ecosport pala, what I had in mind was the Focus... ]

probably won't install roof rack on jimny coz users say it sways too much w/ load on the roof.
    Of course! Mataas na nga yung center of gravity, lalagyan pa ng weight on the roof to unbalance it...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

so i've been going over the tech specs on the JB74. auto vs manual

multiply the gear ratio with final drive, then the transfer gear ratio

observations:

1) 1st gear on the mt is shorter than on the at (at uses slushbox to compensate)

2) 4th gear on the at is slightly taller than 5th gear on the mt.

so nlex cruising is a tiny bit better on the a/t.
    https://youtu.be/uj3dXHlWp4o

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Yes it has towing capability (per manual).
    Bihira yung tow capability for such a small car like the ecosport ah! Ang alam ko yung mga Mirage/Wigo etc., naka specify sa manual do not use for towing.

EDIT: [ Erratum: Ay Ecosport pala, what I had in mind was the Focus... ]

yeah ecosport is one of the few small cars that have official towing specs. ecosport max towing is 750kg for the m/t. but only 400kg for the dual-clutch btw i don't recommend towing anything on the DCT that's just asking for trouble

jb74 max tow is 1300kg for both m/t and a/t. so they probably picked the antiquated 4spd at coz it's robust

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    with the newer cars that are electric or hybrid, you can never have manual transmission. even with start/stop system you can't. the transmissions on electric hybrid are sometimes "electronic constantly variable transmission", or in toyota terms, split drive. as with electric or hybrid, they are constantly meshed and torque of the electric motor is modulated by the power IGBT (insulated gate bipolar transistor) in the power inverter.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    with the newer cars that are electric or hybrid, you can never have manual transmission. even with start/stop system you can't. the transmissions on electric hybrid are sometimes "electronic constantly variable transmission", or in toyota terms, split drive. as with electric or hybrid, they are constantly meshed and torque of the electric motor is modulated by the power IGBT (insulated gate bipolar transistor) in the power inverter.
    Honda CR-Z? Hybrid and has start-stop with a manual transmission.

Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; March 7th, 2023 at 06:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Honda CR-Z? Hybrid and has start-stop with a manual transmission.

it has to have some enable criteria for a manual transmission equipped stop/start vehicle. enable criteria for restarting while the ignition switch is on are: the clutch pedal must be depressed, the transmission has to be in neutral or in lower gear, i.e., first or second gear. it should not restart if the clutch is engaged, it should not restart if the transmission is in higher gear. in most start/stop systems the accelerator pedal must be off closed throttle. start/stop capability is disabled if the vehicle is running in limp mode

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From when I drove a CR-Z a long time ago I think the criteria for start/stop was neutral and clutch out for the car to switch off. After you clutch in it starts right back up, so the car is ready to move by the time you put the gear lever into 1st.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Driving a manual vehicle on an incline I always use the traditional method quickly switch my foot to the gas pedal and clutch biting point so tendency is my car would move backwards a bit probably 1 or 2 inches. Is this not acceptable? should the vehicle not move an inch backwards? I tried it last weekend when climbing uphill and I just cannot find the right timing.

Which is the best "Manual or Automatic"??