New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Perhaps it is time for SM to implement the pay before you leave option already implemented by other malls. In that case, fumbling for change (lalo na yung magbabayad ng large bill) as well as time lost looking for the parking ticket only when at the booth already is minimized. Pag bayad na yung ticket mo, tuloy tuloy ang labas ng sasakyan sa parking lot.
    SM has tried it all, and i have experienced them all,
    pay as you enter,
    pay as you leave,
    pay before you move the car.

bottomline,
    if the SM parking lot is so huge, they simply have to add more usable and free-flowing exits.
    i mean, they may have two exit lanes, but if both empty into the same traffick-y roadway...
    or there may be several toll booths accepting payment, but if they all funnel into the same congested exit ramps as above...
    Last edited by dr. d; April 5th, 2024 at 07:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Funny that despite having such a large parking area, SM malls seem to be notorious for the tao standing in a parking space to reserve the slot, notwithstanding posted notices that parking slots are on a first come, first served basis...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Funny that despite having such a large parking area, SM malls seem to be notorious for the tao standing in a parking space to reserve the slot, notwithstanding posted notices that parking slots are on a first come, first served basis...
    Buti na lang sa tagal ko na nagpupunta at nagpapark sa SM, wala pa kong nakakasalamuhang ganyang klaseng tao.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Perhaps it is time for SM to implement the pay before you leave option already implemented by other malls. In that case, fumbling for change (lalo na yung magbabayad ng large bill) as well as time lost looking for the parking ticket only when at the booth already is minimized. Pag bayad na yung ticket mo, tuloy tuloy ang labas ng sasakyan sa parking lot.
    AFAIK this is already implemented at SM Fairview and SM North EDSA among others.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Buti na lang sa tagal ko na nagpupunta at nagpapark sa SM, wala pa kong nakakasalamuhang ganyang klaseng tao.
    i first experienced this in SM north edsa, back when it still had that ground level open parking lot beside the pagasa entrance/exit gate..
    it was so easy for the reserving human to exit the car as it fell in line to enter, and walk over to the empty slot and reserve it.
    i think that was also the first venue of the "no reservations" signage.

there was this young thing, standing on the still-empty slot,
    "hija, hindi ito simbahan, at hindi ito cinehan."
    Last edited by dr. d; April 5th, 2024 at 09:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Based on my experience, the moment I tried to rev it and instantly release the clutch the vehicle would stall. So I must do it more relax to get the correct clutch biting point and gas mix.
    Practice makes perfect.

Try mo po mag park sa esem Manila then sakay ka sa front seats ng Jeep papuntang Quiapo para bumili ng Globe lumpia sa Raon during rush hour, observe mo yun Jeepney driver kung paano mag hanging sa Quezon bridge.

Or for practice, try mo sa LCTM parking ramp para isang derecho walang masyadong spiral ramp. Doon din sa esem North Annex EDSA ramp, medyo tirik pero hindi nagkakalayo ang grade sa other malls like Robinsons. Next level challenge yun parking ng Isettan recto at exit ramp ng 999 mall.

Malaki din ang tulong sa experience kung marunong ka mag drive ng M/T motorcycle dahil yun timpla ng clutch in reference to load mas madali gawin sa hand-lever operated clutch.

I'm driving different types of vehicles since I was 15yrs old and a pro dL holder with 1,2,3,4 restriction.
    Last edited by 12vdc; April 5th, 2024 at 10:29 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    IMO, on fully-manual vehicles, getting the timing and gas/clutch mixture right is crucial. But there's also no shame in using the handbrake to augment uphill stop and go driving. The operational word here is "augment".... don't rely too much on one system alone such as the handbrake to hold the vehicle. Use it only to buy you time to get the gas/clutch mix right or until you feel the car wanting to move forward, before releasing the handbrake. Otherwise, it's best to also keep your foot on the brakes at all times until you're about to move forward.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Which is the best "Manual or Automatic"??