New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by incus View Post
    what is the correct way of reading the ATF level ? do you read it while the engine is idling or do you turn the engine off then read the level ?
    Warm up your transmission (warm not hot). Drive your car in about 15 Km then check your ATF in a flat surface to do this, you need somebody to help you. Have the person sit on driver side then tell it to shift gear to drive (D)(idling). Then check dipstick for proper level. If any your trans need fluid add little by little on any case, do not overfill your tranny it will do more harm than good.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Warm up your transmission (warm not hot). Drive your car in about 15 Km then check your ATF in a flat surface to do this, you need somebody to help you. Have the person sit on driver side then tell it to shift gear to drive (D)(idling). Then check dipstick for proper level. If any your trans need fluid add little by little on any case, do not overfill your tranny it will do more harm than good.
    thanks ! merry christmas !

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    So mas masama ang overfill or yung below konti sa level?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like ECU ng tranny. Need to reset or something. Better take migs' advice and have it analyze.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    try mo kaya palinis yung transmission filter mo usually lahat ng car may transmission filter ... your best bet is try openning the crankcase then drain mo uli yung atf ... check kung barado yung transmission filter .... yung price nito mga 2000+ sa kasa .... oem mga 1200 ... if you like drop by ka sa shop namin para ma check ...

royal purple na gamit mo na atf ... so i think you can't do wrong .,... pero the thug sound mukhang barado eh .... check mo rin kung meron na bunot na wire sa may aircleaner .... alam mo naman yung mga new model ng cars is so sensitive ....

good luck

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'm not positive pero i think on the ES civic the tranny and engine box are a single unit. it doesn't have an atf filter either (typical honda).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    nauwi nalang ako sa casa kailangan overhaul na talaga daw eh. hay mahal gastos huhu

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    QUestion ok lang ba itulak ang kotse na A/T kung naka neutral?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post

Sir, is this realy the proper way to check the ATF level on a honda? Upon reading the manual, it says...

I used to do the same thing before, shifting to D while checking the dip stick, but found out upon reading the manual that it should be at normal operating temp then SHUT OFF ENGINE before getting the reading.

And yes you are correct that overfill can cause trouble on A/T tranny. In my experience, i wasnt experiencing severe trouble on shifting. i only noticed when running at around 80kph and hinde naka apak sa gas medyo taas baba rpm ko parang feeling ko nalilito sya kung ddown shift ba sya o uupshift and its not that serious, kung nde ka OC driver nde mo yun mapapasin. But after I found out thru forums and reviews na masama over fill, I immediately downloaded honda manual for my ESI 95 and found out the correct way of reading ATF level. And for sure, overfill nga ako, drain ako onti and made sure na upper mark lang yng ATF ko. I did this just this morning. Test drive ako on my way to work and then i felt mas swabe shifting ko, nde na nalilito tranny ko. very responsive sarap i hataw. as long as madiin tapak mo sa gas mas matagal sya nagsishift meaning hinahayaan ka nya humatak ng malakas bfore sya mag shift.

i am due to atf change this week, any suggestions on a practical perpective... eto kasi plano ko...

upon reading threads, para sure na sure ako... i'll go for a honda ATF Z-1 fluid. but here's the catch... kay speedyfix for flushing, they need 12 liters of ATF = that 12 * 550 = 6,600 na agad and then labor pa nya... (sure na flushed out lahat, yun nga lang isang bagsak na more than 12 liters na ATF plus labor pa nya)

OR

i'll buy 3 liters muna, have my tranny drained then fill... then shempre nde flushed out lahat since asa torque converter pa yung iba, i'm planning to drain and fill again (3liters) after a month and then ganun ulit the following month. total of 3 drains and fills gagawin ko in a matter of 3 mos or less para nde masakit sa bulsa. Ok kaya to mga sir? 150 lang naman labor ng drain and fill sa suki kong mekaniko.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Automatic Transsmision Problem Civic 2003