New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    I need tips for automatic tranny ngayon lang kasi ako nagkaroon ng ganito. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    use original ATF recomended by manufacturer.

Follow ATF change schedule.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano nga pala mag-engine break sa A/T transmission?

halimbawa kasi pababa na galing baguio city, para hindi masunog/manikit ang brake pads.
    thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    paano nga pala mag-engine break sa A/T transmission?

halimbawa kasi pababa na galing baguio city, para hindi masunog/manikit ang brake pads.
    thanks in advance.
    i heard that you should release the O/D button (it should be OFF). running on O/D off slows you. you can try it on ordinary roads.

am i correct?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag walang OD switch, just put it in L1 or even L2 para mag-engine brake.

sa auto tranny maintenance, don't go cheap on the ATF. pag sabi ng manual mo every 40000km atf change, change it. atf ang buhay ng auto tranny, just like oil to the engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on some AT tranny like the trooper and frontier,thy have a switch for normal and power drive (trooper),hold and power (frontier) aside from the O/D switch,and i experience that the engine rev's higher when i push the power button with the O/D switched on,which serves i think as an engine break,pls correct me if i am wrong.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    what's a good driving style for A/T. a friend told me that from a full stop, you can put to L1 or L2 upon acceleration then put to D once the car is moving (20-40kph). is this is a good habit.

pansin ko din kse, bagal mag-accelerate kung sa D lang nakalagay. any comments?

and how about fuel-saving tips? is it okay to put to neutral approaching stops or traffic?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko m
    on some AT tranny like the trooper and frontier,thy have a switch for normal and power drive (trooper),hold and power (frontier) aside from the O/D switch,and i experience that the engine rev's higher when i push the power button with the O/D switched on,which serves i think as an engine break,pls correct me if i am wrong.
    oopppss.. i think you need to press POWER when overtaking, not when slowing. (dont know parang yun yung nakalagay sa manual ko, dont know with others).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frequent ATF change lang talaga ang alaga... and of course, dont shift to R while your car is still moving... nor D while paatras.

Tama si Yebo. Actually the more often you change ATF the better. Why? Simply because you CAN NOT replace all the ATF in one go. For example. My car's AT has a capacity of 8.5L. During my atf change last december, 4 liters lang nakarga.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    too bad bimmers dont have the usual drain plug for the atf..it is a PITA to change the atf on the e36. stupid bmw and their lifetime(daw) atf fluid!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Any Tips For  Automatic Tranny Maintenance