New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my 2003 altis AT's trans has to be fixed. AT shift stick doesn't rake smoothly. may resistensiya na nakukuha sa de gulat while pressing AT shift button.
    the transmission functions and auto-shifts well naman, once the stick is in place.
    we have ruled out cable and AT stick assembly causes.
    a shop in sucat, DnR (sounds ominous to doctors!), was recommended. shop says they will require car to be left for three days. but i am wary of the three days, as "many things can happen to the car while in there".
    banawe guys say they do it in one day, "while-you-loiter".
    either choice estimates the same cost (20-25K).

recommendations?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my 2003 altis AT's trans has to be fixed. AT shift stick doesn't rake smoothly. may resistensiya na nakukuha sa de gulat while pressing AT shift button.
    the transmission functions and auto-shifts well naman, once the stick is in place.
    a shop in sucat, DnR (sounds ominous to doctors!), was recommended. shop says they will require car to be left for three days. but i am wary of the three days, as "many things can happen to the car while in there".

recommendations?
    Oks dyan sa DnR Fast Auto Repair Shop. I used to bring our cars there when we had a number of out-of-warranty Hondas. Donnie, the owner, is easy to talk to and he will be honest in his assessment. AT trannies are their specialty. They will let you know if the car can be done in a day or two. They also have a number of tow trucks including a flatbed one for AT cars.

Lagi puno dyan kaya dapat maaga ka kung papagawa ka dyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Oks dyan sa DnR Fast Auto Repair Shop. I used to bring our cars there when we had a number of out-of-warranty Hondas. Donnie, the owner, is easy to talk to and he will be honest in his assessment. AT trannies are their specialty. They will let you know if the car can be done in a day or two. They also have a number of tow trucks including a flatbed one for AT cars.

Lagi puno dyan kaya dapat maaga ka kung papagawa ka dyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank you.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017

recommendations?
    Since cost is the same, I'll go for the shop doc. The warranty they'll give you will give you peace of mind.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017

recommendations?
    Since cost is the same, I'll go for the shop doc. The warranty they'll give you = peace of mind.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Since cost is the same, I'll go for the shop doc. The warranty they'll give you = peace of mind.
    i agree. medyo out of the way lang...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

recommendations?
    Baka need lang lubricate yung sa transmission lever.. baka may sirang bushing dun sa lever

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Baka need lang lubricate yung sa transmission lever.. baka may sirang bushing dun sa lever
    na-kita na po earlier. we were able to conclude that the AT shift assembly and cable (newly replaced) are fine.
    i-su-supi ko na sa shop.
    update ko kayo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

recommendations?
    update.
    i got the car already from DnR. AT stick rakes fine now. it drives more pleasurably again!
    mechanic says the trans linkage inside was broken, whatever that means.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    update.
    i got the car already from DnR. AT stick rakes fine now. it drives more pleasurably again!
    mechanic says the trans linkage inside was broken, whatever that means.
    So how much did it cost? 25k?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast