New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    hi guys, our starex wasn't shifting from 1st gear anymore so we had our transmission "shift solenoid B" replaced (which was shown in the OBD scanner) and then after that it now shifts up but is jerking when shifting from netural to drive and also when upshifting as well as downshifting. Sometimes, it also gets stuck on 4th gear even on full stop it won't go back to 1st gear. Any idea where I should bring it and what to check? thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

there is also a delay when shifting from reverse to drive and vice versa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    6 years old. how many times have you changed the atf? jerking normally occurs if you use the wrong atf

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    6 years old. how many times have you changed the atf? jerking normally occurs if you use the wrong atf
    ODO is currently at 70k. It was first changed at 50k and then it was replaced again when we had the shift solenoid B replaced as they replaced the ATF alongside the solenoid.

May I know what ATF you can recommend for our starex?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    what atf was used when you repaired the transmission?

fully synthetic "multi atfs"
    motul
    mag1
    mitasu "premium 100%"

synthetic "mutli atfs"
    mitasu synth blend
    royal purple

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 4th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ano ho ba ang exact trouble code at nagpalit ng shift solenoid (format ng dtc ay P07xx). nag perform ba ng stall test s drive and reverse? yung delay ba frm park to reverse and from neutral to drive ay more than 2secs? if so, maari may leaks na sa mga seals or mababa line pressure.