New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks again, Bro Jut703. Calmed my nerves and cleared my mind significantly.

Buti na lang din na in my months long hunt sa OLX/ Carmudi/ Philkotse, etc... sa mga natanong ko wala naman nag-hard sell or nag-try mang-scam sa akin. Mostly mababait at accomodating naman. Syempre, I'm always wary din trying to feel the seller even sa mga text exchanges pa lang.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Sa tatlong buwan na nag search ka sa OLX, malalaman mo na kung anu-ano yung mga pabalik balik lang na ad. Meron pang iba-iba ang nagbebenta with the same car pero magkakaiba ang location.
    True. I've seen a handful na.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Nabigay naman ang OR/CR, pero sa pangalan pa ng 1st owner. Wala kaya akong maging problema dito? Not yet keen on transferring ownership to my name pa at the moment.
    Sir, meaning you're the 3rd owner, and that the 1st owner didn't transfer the ownership to the 2nd owner?

Or is it an open deed of sale wherein you would essentially be the 2nd owner?

If the former, to me that's more complicated. If the latter, I believe this can be done easily.

If I were the seller, I would most certainly demand that a transfer of ownership be executed

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    True. I've seen a handful na.

Sir, meaning you're the 3rd owner, and that the 1st owner didn't transfer the ownership to the 2nd owner?

Or is it an open deed of sale wherein you would essentially be the 2nd owner?

If the former, to me that's more complicated. If the latter, I believe this can be done easily.

If I were the seller, I would most certainly demand that a transfer of ownership be executed
    but how does seller do that? drag the buyer with him to the acid etching center, then drag him again to the LTO?

i think the better way is for the government to mandate that all car buyers transfer car ownership to themselves, within so many weeks, under pain of hefty fine.
    with our upcoming ADDA, how will they know where to send the summons?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but how does seller do that? drag the buyer with him to the acid etching center, then drag him again to the LTO?
    By including a clause for that in the deed of sale

It's a binding agreement, anyway.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    By including a clause for that in the deed of sale

It's a binding agreement, anyway.
    what happens if buyer refuses to effect transfer?
    does seller get his car back?
    who will do the re-possession/hatak procedure?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    what happens if buyer refuses to effect transfer?
    If I were the seller, I wouldn't sell it to a buyer who refuses. It's for my own safety and peace of mind. I believe it's also for the buyer, who could validate the legitimacy of the transaction he/she is getting into in the process.

does seller get his car back?
    who will do the re-possession/hatak procedure?
    Terms may be agreed upon and reflected in the deed of sale prior to the turnover. I think this can be prevented altogether from the very start.

EDIT:

Had four transactions like this in the past. Good thing those buyers were either an acquaintance or a referral, so it wasn't really difficult to ensure the transfer of ownership.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I believe the conversation's getting off-topic already

But I just wish to share this. It's just one case, but it's a good example why, I believe, we can't rely on just having a copy of a deed of sale.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Thanks again, Bro Jut703. Calmed my nerves and cleared my mind significantly.

Buti na lang din na in my months long hunt sa OLX/ Carmudi/ Philkotse, etc... sa mga natanong ko wala naman nag-hard sell or nag-try mang-scam sa akin. Mostly mababait at accomodating naman. Syempre, I'm always wary din trying to feel the seller even sa mga text exchanges pa lang.
    may classified ads din ang tsikot.com. 👍👍👍

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    hirap talaga bumili sa online ng kahit ano di lang sasakyan..

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by odraregnivla View Post
    hirap talaga bumili sa online ng kahit ano di lang sasakyan..
    Mahirap talaga lalo na kung hindi wise. Laganap ang mga scam kasi meron ding nagpapaloko.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast