New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by arch_benjie
    haha.. natawa ko dito.... me mga menor pa... this is an impossible story... but chances are....malas lang talaga

anyways last week we've been there... torture tested my everest 4x2, we had our own "pre qualification for amazing race contest" fun with my wife and my 2 boys, (3yo and 6yo)...galing ng caves!...mountain view for 12hrs drive is breathtaking, the halsema and sagada road is being paved right now (with PGMA's direct funding and hopefully will b finished before the next administration)...lots of tourist and backpackers around...the place is SUPER!...cheaper rates.. cleaner air a way lot better than baguio...its a place for a good retreat, bonding, soul searching and rediscovery of the beauty of this sad country....pati ba naman yun bababuyin pa??? wag naman na!....
    naku! if it becomes more accessible dadami na tao dito which would ruin the whole rustic atmosphere, sagada will be another baguio in the making nalang. we always bike from banawe to sagada, mas enjoy mu scenery kaysa in a vehicle medyo malupit nga lang mga ahon lalo na last 15 km from jumpoff point going to sagada from bontoc

tanga talaga ng mga yun di ba halata na minors yung hinuli nila, baka naman madaming nabiling ganjas hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Featured report daw ito sa GMA's "Reporter's Notebook" tonight.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but what if the backpackers really are NPA inductees?

you can never really know... hehehe...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    why is it that communism is dead all over the world except here in our hinterlands and boondocks?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not dead. Communism is slowly but surely taking control of many Latin American countries. It's in Banana Republics like the Philippines and the aforementioned Latin countries where the US and CIA have a long history of anti-red intervention that Communism is strongest.

And, yes, like mazdamazda has said, there is a strong possibility that these kids may be inductees. The CPP regularly recruits from high school and college student organizations (I should know... they've tried with some of our students... and, of course, I'm from UPD, so I've seen the results)

Their arrest is questionable, though, as are the methods used on them.

Anyone see the National Geographic special? The PNP caught one of the planners of 9-11 six years before the attacks, and tortured him until he spilled the beans about the planned attacks. Too bad the FBI never took their findings seriously...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ay oonga 'no. although you can correct me if i'm wrong but the only living bastion of communism is in castro's cuba. the other latin american countries aren't really red zones but rather pinkish in nature because they're just plain anti-americans. but in the same vein they realize antagonizing the americans too much would be simply bad for business

and i do agree that it is possible that these kids may be inductees. after living in davao for almost 9 years where you hear and see all those stories, i am not surprised

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Don't forget North Korea.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i have a police uncle and three others are working in the government as security personnels. and their 1st degree cousin (also my uncle) is an NPA official. and we do family gatherings and reunions throughout the year. i just can't find any conflict between them. well, of course when politics is the topic, better head for cover for they are all armed and under the influence. and by the way, i'm from DAVAO

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you ask the typical "communist insurgent" (the usual peasant brandishing an AK47 in the mountains) what communism is, most likely he don't know, or dont care. Most of them are just the typical peasant who has suffered or has seen his family suffer due to poverty or oppression of people in power. They just dont have any other option. All they want is a just a little more food in their stomachs and a little more cloth in their backs. IMO. Ot narin

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh kasi naman bakit sila nag hitch sa dump truck...eh dun madalas sumasakay mga friendlys. siguro naman walang mag hitch na taga tsikot noh and safe naman mag backpack/hiking around the sagada area.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sagada/Benguet Nightmare