New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dont forget Tim Hortons!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys! Yup, I've had my fix of Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, Future Shop, etc. Halos 2/3 ng mga people here are Asians. Toronto is indeed immigrant country. Yes, people here are very friendly as compared to the USA. Mahal nga lang ang tax dito...15% on food and other purchases pero advantage mo naman is that free ang medicare and education dito. Haaaay...dito nalang kaya ako mag practice? May shortage pa naman ng doctors dito. The average General Practitioner physician here (new graduate w/o specialty) makes about $50k a month. Canada has definitely changed since my last visit in April 1992. I was surprised that most of the stores in the USA have their branches here too. Regarding Tim Horton's, they taste defintely better than Starbucks coffee. And the price difference is big...a small Cafe Mocha goes for $1.49 as compared to Starbucks' $4.99. And mahal ng gasoline dito. Imagine the gas prices fluctuate by the hour and day. The cheapest gas I've seen is $0.78/liter. Highest is $0.86. And I thought our gas prices were high enough. I love this country. Wish I could stay longer :-)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Phil,

Im glad you and your cousin are okay after the accident.

Pero it turns out na may bright side pala, nakapag drive ka pa ng Tahoe!

I believe na kaya may dumating agad na EMS is because some passerby made a call sa 911. Usually, its a common practice or courtesy among the citizens in CND and USA that someone else will call the 911 in case of accident.

Enjoy the rest of your stay bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hello from Toronto!!!