New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Now, this one is tricky.... You need to slow down (do not stop), glance at your side mirror and seize the opportunity to "steal" from the other lane while pressing hard on the gas pedal, without hitting the vehicle in front of you. And then, return to your original lane......

I guess it goes without saying that this is also where the driver's best judgment comes into play. There's no one correct answer but instead, it will depend on the current situation. Swerving to another lane that's occupied might cause more harm. You could fishtail, cause the other cars on that lane to abruptly change lanes themselves, which might create a chain reaction, or you could even collide with the other cars.

The best practice I've seen abroad in this case is that you tap on the hazard lights as you come to a stop... then pray the car behind you sees you in time.

Again, changing lanes abruptly (but controlled) to evade an obstruction on the highway is fine if the conditions are right. The point I'm making is to be sure you don't cause another accident doing so.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    I was reading a thread in the goon squad section when I remembered this question that's been at the back of my mind that's never been clearly answered satisfactorily:

Ano po ba ang rule pag nag-sudden stop ka at natamaan ka ng sasakyan sa likod mo?

It's been argued by some of those I talked to that making sudden stops is a no-no and if you made one and you're hit by another vehicle in the back, you're the one liable.

Some argue that if you hit someone who made a sudden stop, then you're the one who's liable since you were following too close in the first place.
    imho there are many variables to consider. for reference, here's the link to our traffic code.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    ewan ko kung san ka nagdadrive ngayon, pero sa pinas, ang mga motorista, lalo na ang mga jeepney driver at bus eh papasukin pag may nakita silang butas, especially sa stop and go trapik, di pwedeng maglagay ka ng ample distance dahil pag nakita ng katabi mong mas mabilis ang abante sa lane mo, sisiksik yan at ipipilit ang sasakyan nila, tapos pag lane naman nila ang bumilis babalik ulit sa lane nila yan (di mapakali sa lane nila). but i usually let them go, lalo na pag nagsignal naman.
    Siyempre... I drive in the Philippines. Of course, in stop and go traffic, the two-second rule I follow makes the distances shorter... and there's always my favorite weapon... buuuuSSSSSINAAAAAAA!!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    imho there are many variables to consider. for reference, here's the link to our traffic code.
    Ang haba nung code. He he he. Marami akong natutuhan. Ayos!

[SIZE=1]... pero hindi ko pa rin nakita yung parte tungkol sa question ng thread na ito[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    isa lang dapat tandaan: distansya amigo

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Ang haba nung code. He he he. Marami akong natutuhan. Ayos!

[SIZE=1]... pero hindi ko pa rin nakita yung parte tungkol sa question ng thread na ito[/SIZE]
    boss try ko i-tagalog para klaro sa iyo.

hindi simple yung tanong at ang sagot ay nakadepende sa maraming bagay

halimbawa, paano na lang kung expired or peke ang lisensya ng bumangga sa iyo or ang lisensya mo? paano pala kung binangga yung kotse mo sa likod dahil nagt-text ang driver? etc. etc. etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo bobo talaga ang traffic rules sa atin. Ako nga nakahinto tapos inatrasan nung nasa harapan ko, ako pa sinisingil kasi daw ako yung nasa likod at fault ko daw. Whaaat....hehehe.

Nung sinabi kong Php50k ang JAOS na bumper na inatrasan niya, ayun umalis. Pero parang siya pa galit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Medyo bobo talaga ang traffic rules sa atin. Ako nga nakahinto tapos inatrasan nung nasa harapan ko, ako pa sinisingil kasi daw ako yung nasa likod at fault ko daw. Whaaat....hehehe.

Nung sinabi kong Php50k ang JAOS na bumper na inatrasan niya, ayun umalis. Pero parang siya pa galit.
    unga, panu yan kung ikaw ang inatrasan tapos pagdating ng imbestigador sbihin nya ikaw ang bumangga sa kanya?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Now, this one is tricky.... You need to slow down (do not stop), glance at your side mirror and seize the opportunity to "steal" from the other lane while pressing hard on the gas pedal, without hitting the vehicle in front of you. And then, return to your original lane......

8505:bat:
    phew ganyan ginawa ko eh preno tingin likod (thankyou Lord walang kotse) change lane sabay gas baka me sumapol sa likod ko.

dang kala ko first bangga ko yun matinditindi pa haha

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    pafs, di ba parang luma na to? kasi 5 petot lang lisensya eh, saka ang mumura ng fines eh, 50 petot para sa invalid drivers license?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What's the rule on making sudden stops causing vehicular accidents?