New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slicky rick View Post
    the sin of buying a want and not a need, especially in hard times. i always fall prey ot that. during hard times i splurge.. damn. during good times i save. hmmm something must be wrong with me.
    .... ah! ... justification of a "want". The sin of wanting something and actually having it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    What will happen if a law enforcer catch you with the radar detector?
    How much is the fine? In other states/countries, they confiscate the device.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think wala pa law satin regarding those radar detector kasi iilan pa lang sila GH.
    so sa sistema ng govt natin kung walang mapafine regardless of what, di nila ipapasa. wala sila makukurakot masyado eh.:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    What will happen if a law enforcer catch you with the radar detector?
    How much is the fine? In other states/countries, they confiscate the device.

We have no such laws against radar detectors. So ownership of a detector is "LEGAL".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    beltronics rx 65 here any tips on how to use the damn thing? What tips can you give a new user ghosthunter. which band to turn on or off. hate owners manuals...but i guess i have to read through the damn thing. tips?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    beltronics rx 65 here any tips on how to use the damn thing? What tips can you give a new user ghosthunter. which band to turn on or off. hate owners manuals...but i guess i have to read through the damn thing. tips?
    What you need to look for is the K series band including the Ka bands. X bands is not used for police radar anymore so you can ignore all and any triggers on this band. Usually it would be a false alarm from an automatic door or similar.

The ones used by the NLEX/SLEX and SCTEX are in the Ka band.

BTW, does your detector also does Laser?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    .... ah! ... justification of a "want". The sin of wanting something and actually having it.
    “There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” - Oscar Wilde

Yup, no laws here on detectors. Its just not that popular or needed yet. (don't tell the QC councilors and congressmen about this okay?). :P

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yup, no laws here on detectors. Its just not that popular or needed yet. (don't tell the QC councilors and congressmen about this okay?). :P

Even if they pass laws against radar detectors, I doubt if they would be able to enforce it anyway. For one, it's hard to see one unless you are already pretty much beside the vehicle who has it attached to the windshield. Two, there are already stealth kits available to hide the detectors from view of the law as well.

Also, Congressmen won't see much monetary kickbacks from making a law banning it. So we're safe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ghosthunter, saklolo!! detector tried out on Nov 1. No alert whatsoever. yes the detector has laser detection pop etc. when you pass the nlex does the v1 always warn you of these said detectors? is there a place where we are sure there is a radar source to test whether the unit is operating properly or not? Say the speed detector at fort bonifacio?i was thinkning that the setting was wrong so i manually turned on all the detection features including the now not too used x band. this morning the detector was used again from manila to san simon. Again, no sound whatsoever. I hope you can advise soon so if the detector is defective i can send it back to the states by nov 5. Everytime you use the V1 do you always get a warning when passing through NLEX?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter, saklolo!! detector tried out on Nov 1. No alert whatsoever. yes the detector has laser detection pop etc. when you pass the nlex does the v1 always warn you of these said detectors? is there a place where we are sure there is a radar source to test whether the unit is operating properly or not? Say the speed detector at fort bonifacio?i was thinkning that the setting was wrong so i manually turned on all the detection features including the now not too used x band. this morning the detector was used again from manila to san simon. Again, no sound whatsoever. I hope you can advise soon so if the detector is defective i can send it back to the states by nov 5. Everytime you use the V1 do you always get a warning when passing through NLEX?
    Along NLEX, Oct 30 2011... not a peep except for a warning beep beside a Petron gas station on the way back to Manila...

The speed detector at The Fort might not be working these days, from what I remember.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
what radar detector is compatible for use at nlex and sctex and slex?