New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paomig098 View Post
    sir gh what model of valentine 1 do you have and howmuch and where did you bought it?
    Read the posted message above your question.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Just wanted to clarify.... ung mga speed detectors, during daytime lang ba effective ito? and useless na ito pag night time?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Just wanted to clarify.... ung mga speed detectors, during daytime lang ba effective ito? and useless na ito pag night time?
    The speed detectors use either radar or laser to measure a vehicle's speed. A built-in camera is used to record the vehicle's plate number & measured speed.

Now with that clarified, the speed detectors will measure your vehicles speed day and night without any problems as long as weather is good. If it's raining, it will have problems measuring at farther distances.

The camera portion is usually only effective during the day like the ones being used at NLEX/SCTEX. The MMDA claims the new laser-speed guns they are using along Commonwealth & Macapagal are effective during night time, but if you would notice the photos of violators (posted at MMDA's website) also includes the TIME information. Take notice there is no night time photos posted. This would lead me to believe the camera portion is not effective at night, especially if you have your headlights/foglights turned-on and blinding the camera. So at night, the MMDA has resorted to the old method of flagging down overspeeding violators at night (with two-way radio coordination with the guy with the speed gun).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I've seen a couple of radar detectors in Sulit recently, China-made perhaps.

Anyone bought and used it in our roads?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I got a ticket on the TPLEX, US version 350Z, with mph primary and kph secondary. Had to go to Manila and deal with LTO to get my license back. Ironic, the expressways are the safest place to drive, fast or otherwise, you wont believe what I see on MacArthur as far as unsafe passing and discourteous moves (oh, I guess you do believe). Anyway I need to get a radar detector and there are so many available. I learned, reading this forum, that a unit with GPS feature will not work so that narrows down the choices. AND, the big question, not sure it was the photo radar or passing a TPLEX maintenance truck with a radio. Seems to me if a shiny, maybe prismatic license plate cover that would require a more straight ahead viewing angle instead from the truck in the other lane, might be a good addition to a sensitive radar detector. Hurry Santa Claus!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Technically, there's no way to detect a Laser speed gun ahead of time. Once it's detected, it usually means you've been flagged already. Are they really using Laser speed detectors? Those are quite expensive.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    A bit OT...

Can anyone advise about the possible positions of speed spotters and their MO at TPLEX? There was only one post mentioning a flag down at the said area.

TIA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
what radar detector is compatible for use at nlex and sctex and slex?