New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    the sin of getting what you want and not being satisfied. where do we test this brother? i think its working but you know how it feels if it hasn't done the job you want it to do. WARN of radar. anyways any ideas will be welcome.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    a hint of hope! the unit said k band around the sm north edsa vicinity when i was doing 50kph. hahahha. i gues the unit works but it seems that the ulupongs of nlex where sleeping oct31 and nov1. hope i can get it to say laser, or pop or probably georgeous girl ahead...STOP!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    radar update; have not used it in the nlex recently and so disappointed that i wanted to return the device. however, running on edsa the thing started to say "k band" and then later on "x band" so i guess the thing works. i passed through the same place a day after and it still said the same thing at the same place. i guess the door openers and alarm system for the subaru dealer on edsa and the motul dealer near the belson building. maybe on november 1 the cops were just sleeping.
    Ghost...you mentioned that the nlex uses ka band.. so this is very easy to detect. not even the pop or laser is being used? i am assuning that the cops are able to take pictures of the offending vehicle so its photo radar... the most difficult is the laser. pop is also a bit concerning am i right? so if the nlex poeple are just using the traditional ka band radar we can relax with our radar detectors.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slicky rick View Post
    radar update; have not used it in the nlex recently and so disappointed that i wanted to return the device. however, running on edsa the thing started to say "k band" and then later on "x band" so i guess the thing works. i passed through the same place a day after and it still said the same thing at the same place. i guess the door openers and alarm system for the subaru dealer on edsa and the motul dealer near the belson building. maybe on november 1 the cops were just sleeping.
    Ghost...you mentioned that the nlex uses ka band.. so this is very easy to detect. not even the pop or laser is being used? i am assuning that the cops are able to take pictures of the offending vehicle so its photo radar... the most difficult is the laser. pop is also a bit concerning am i right? so if the nlex poeple are just using the traditional ka band radar we can relax with our radar detectors.
    Even with POP radar, they still need a few seconds to get a speed reading. NLEX/SCTEX uses Ka band radar guns whuch you can detect from a distance. Generally stay in the left hand lanes on NLEX, its more safer there since it is harder for them to get an accurate reading with cars between you and the radar vehicle.

As for laser, so far the MMDA along Commonwealth and Macapagal are using this... but it's kinda hard to NOT notice them perched on top of the pedestrian bridge, under a big "shed" structure. Anyway, laser is hard to avoid, once you got the warning, you already have been tagged.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    one thing i noticed with these guys though is that they are now more into the type of cars you are driving. what do i mean by this...there was a time i was just turning off the highway to the angeles exit and these guys already started running towards the easytag exit. it would be impossible to see my plate number from that distance yet upon seeing my car they acted. i was able to get off though maybe since they did not have proof of the plate number and i was beign difficult. i guess with all our protection if we still get caught, we can demand proof of the speeding before giving our licenses. if these cops base it on a radio call that one of their collegues has seen us zipping thorugh the nlex but without a radar catch or unclear license plate we can fight and they will most probably just let us go.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slicky rick View Post
    one thing i noticed with these guys though is that they are now more into the type of cars you are driving. what do i mean by this...there was a time i was just turning off the highway to the angeles exit and these guys already started running towards the easytag exit. it would be impossible to see my plate number from that distance yet upon seeing my car they acted. i was able to get off though maybe since they did not have proof of the plate number and i was beign difficult. i guess with all our protection if we still get caught, we can demand proof of the speeding before giving our licenses. if these cops base it on a radio call that one of their collegues has seen us zipping thorugh the nlex but without a radar catch or unclear license plate we can fight and they will most probably just let us go.

Although the radar gun does have a camera to take a picture (or two) of the offender, the NLEX/SCTEX people still rely on radios to catch you at the tollgates. So all they can do is give a visual description of your car plus it's license plate. So they would flag down all incoming cars matching the visual description until they can verify (license plate) that you are or are not the offender.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    right now I'm thinking if they do not have a digital shot plus the verification of the speed the car was traveling how can they defend catching us, in court? they have to have a shot of the car with the court approved picture of the license plate plus the speed reading. if they do not have this then they can just get the license of anybody they see zipping along without proof of the speeding violation dba? so its a radar shot of the offending car with the license plate and the device actuated speed reading. without this no violation. am i correct?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I use VALENTINE ONE. It's one of the best in the market with accesories and options for installation, etc. There are also other cheaper options for the more budget conscious. My detector has saved me a number of times from getting a ticket since I bought it.

The speed radar and laser systems used by Fort Bonifacio (Taguig), NLEX, SCTEX, SLEX, MMDA are all bought from the USA so it would stand that any radar/laser detectors bought from the USA will work.

In fact I have tested my radar/laser detectors and it has given the usual beeps and sirens when a radar or laser beam was pointed in my direction. My detector even would tell me from which direction the beam was coming from. My only problem with early detection was the laser speed gun used by the MMDA along Commonwealth. With the MMDA people positioned above the road and the beam is tight with little scatter, my detector would only sound off when the beam is already pointed at the car. If the MMDA was at road level, my detector might have a better chance to detect the laser earlier.

Sir GH, how much does a valentine one cost? and where is it available?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Sir GH, how much does a valentine one cost? and where is it available?
    Costs US$400. https://store.valentine1.com/store/

I bought mine from an online store that ships internationally. The V1 store only ships within USA only. Just google because I dont remember the site's name anymore (but I did post it in one of the speedradar threads in tsikot). The site I bought mine V1 actually charged higher than $400 but given they ship internationally, I went for it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    We have no such laws against radar detectors. So ownership of a detector is "LEGAL".
    sir gh what model of valentine 1 do you have and howmuch and where did you bought it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
what radar detector is compatible for use at nlex and sctex and slex?