New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pls help mga KaTsikot... nahuli kasi aq ng SB sa LAgro Novaliches last 2009 of october, is it ok if i apply for Lost driver license... mejo malaki kasing fee hinihingi nila and im not sure kung makukuha ko pa un? 1 yr past... im planning to get a motorcycle to be used on my work..non pro poh unok lang poh ba kung i pro ko na?

PLz... Help me!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You need to submit an affidavit of loss at the LTO. Then you'll get your new license.

And then when they turn over your old license to LTO stating you still have a fine and it goes into the computer system that you have a duplicate license, you'll get a nice summons from the LTO's lawyers to appear in court to pay a much, much bigger fine. Don't know if there's jail time involved for falsifying documents and lying to a government agency, but do you really want to find out?

Just pay the fine.
    Last edited by niky; July 31st, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    pilipino nga naman. sorry ha. pero bakit mo kasi pinatagal pa? ayan malaki talaga ang fine. ang motor takaw hule at checkpoint. kelangan mo talaga ng lisensya para meron ka maipakita. bayaran mo na lang ang fine. tutal kasalanan mo naman kung baket ganun kalake ang kinalabasan nian. baka you can ask you employer to subsidize na lang ang fine? o salary deduction na lang para hinde mabigat para sayo. tutal work related naman ata ang pagamit mo sa motor?

i agree with niky. you will get caught. unless you use someone else's name and papers. now dont get any idea.

sunden na lang ang sistema at batas. you wont get any advice here in tsikot on how to bypass the system.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I was thinking the same thing hypothetically but never like you who really plans to do it;
    I suggest get a lawyer to lessen the fine or even acquit you of your crime/violation..
    I don't get it why Pinoy are so hesitant in getting proper lawyers and taking it legally.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    I was thinking the same thing hypothetically but never like you who really plans to do it;
    I suggest get a lawyer to lessen the fine or even acquit you of your crime/violation..
    I don't get it why Pinoy are so hesitant in getting proper lawyers and taking it legally.
    Because taking it to court is expensive. More expensive than most motorists can afford. And the hearings will take weeks to months, and take up a lot of your time. Saving a measly thousand bucks or less is not worth the expenses and outright loss of income involved, which can reach into five figures even for simple stuff like this.

It's much easier to just pay the fine. And quicker, too. Last time I had to pay a fine (I deserved it, actually), it took less than half a day.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you don't need a lawyer! just go and pay the fine! it's cheaper than any lawyer's fee! then you get your licence back.. just in time for renewal (haha! bolante!)
    another thing, if you feel you don't deserve the apprehension, you can complain to them and might even win.
    btw, what's "SB" ?
    Last edited by dr. d; August 2nd, 2010 at 09:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because taking it to court is expensive. More expensive than most motorists can afford. And the hearings will take weeks to months, and take up a lot of your time. Saving a measly thousand bucks or less is not worth the expenses and outright loss of income involved, which can reach into five figures even for simple stuff like this.

It's much easier to just pay the fine. And quicker, too. Last time I had to pay a fine (I deserved it, actually), it took less than half a day.
    Well his fine was over due for well over 6 months, I'm not sure how much is the additional penalty fee for this but if he did a comparison of charges with the lawyer and it came out that the lawyer's fee is cheaper go for the lawyer's services logically.. I didn't mean to call a lawyer when he is just fined a measly 50 to 100 bucks.. My point is just don't always assume getting a lawyer or going legal is expensive and wrong hence bribing or going kotong to the cops..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    Well his fine was over due for well over 6 months, I'm not sure how much is the additional penalty fee for this but if he did a comparison of charges with the lawyer and it came out that the lawyer's fee is cheaper go for the lawyer's services logically.. I didn't mean to call a lawyer when he is just fined a measly 50 to 100 bucks.. My point is just don't always assume getting a lawyer or going legal is expensive and wrong hence bribing or going kotong to the cops..
    With late fines, expect maybe 1-2k in fees, plus your time and travel expenses.

How much is it to argue a case in court? What are you going to charge the traffic officer with? Libel? 1k pesos per filing. If you're poor enough to get a free lawyer, good for you... but if not, expect to shell out at least 2k per hearing for a lawyer. And you'll still have to give up time and lost earnings for that... plus whatever you spend on consultation fees before the case. Unless the issue is being wrongfully accused of carjacking, legal action is always going to be more expensive. That's just the reality of the situation here in the Philippines. And if you're accused of carjacking, you can still get a public defender.

I don't bribe cops. I tell them to give me my ticket and I'll pay at the office. I actually smile and thank the guy if he gives it right away with no hemming and hawing, telling me "matagal yan... pupunta ka pa dito... punta ka diyan...". I quite enjoy getting tickets from honest enforcers.

If it's a patently BS ticket, I'll argue my way out of it. If you're in the right and know the law, it's not hard. And whatever the case, it's your right not to give up your license. They can write a ticket and take down your license number, but they have to give it back.

Now, Mr. Calixto may have a case against the SB because they wrongfully took his license, but to pursue that case will take months and cost a lot of money. To pay the fine for the violation he actually committed will take one day.
    Last edited by niky; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:11 AM.