New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hello, newbie lang po. Can anybody enlighten me about transfer of car ownership? I just bought a second hand car but unfortunately when I tried to transfer ownership to my name, I was informed by the people in camp karingal that it is not possible since Im holding a foreign passport. They told me its only possible for brandnew car. Totoo ba eto na ang foreign nationals ay hindi pwedeng maging owner ng second hand car?

Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    That is not correct.

As far as I know (and I have done in the past) any foreigner (or non-Filipino Passport holder) can buy or sell a vehicle, brand new or used.

In lieu of a CTC, the Passport details are used.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    That is not correct.

As far as I know (and I have done in the past) any foreigner (or non-Filipino Passport holder) can buy or sell a vehicle, brand new or used.

In lieu of a CTC, the Passport details are used.
    Thank you for your reply. Sa ngayon nasa pangalan ng brother ko ang car ko, but I really want to transfer it to my name. Sino kaya pwede kong lapitan tungkol dito? Mali pala ang sinasabi sa camp karingal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my bro in law who is a japanese was able to transfer his car (a second hand altis) to his name.
    try to ask sa LTO.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyoxxxx View Post
    Hello, newbie lang po. Can anybody enlighten me about transfer of car ownership? I just bought a second hand car but unfortunately when I tried to transfer ownership to my name, I was informed by the people in camp karingal that it is not possible since Im holding a foreign passport. They told me its only possible for brandnew car. Totoo ba eto na ang foreign nationals ay hindi pwedeng maging owner ng second hand car?

Salamat po.
    they seem to be "confusing" a car for real estate...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kung dual citizen ka, siguradong puede