New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Is there a double standard around here when it comes to fines and penalties? In other threads, there are heaps of praises for countries like Singapore for strict law enforcement and observance of regulations. One of the reasons for this is the steep fines. That's why one of their souvenir shirts says, "Singapore is a FINE city." Yet if a city in the Phils decides to implement stiffer fines for violations, all sorts of ciriticisms come out.

I am for stiffer fines and penalties not just in Makati but for the entire country. Make it tougher for law breakers to get away with their violations. Start with jaywalkers who walk under pedestrian overpasses. Or idiots who block intersections, even if their lane isn't even moving, the *ssholes who jump red lights, the moronic jeepney driver that rear-ends you and says sheepishly, "Nawalan ng preno, e..." Just go to the "Goon Squad" thread for a list of your pet peeves. If these people know that fines are so steep, it will burn a hole in their wallets, they'd think twice before attempting any stunt that not only breaks the law, but can also cause injury.
    The difference is the implementation.

In Singapore, everyone who breaks the law will be fined and punished accordingly.

In the Philippines, the MMDA, etc will only catch mostly privately owned cars and delivery trucks which sucks!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

In Singapore, everyone who breaks the law will be fined and punished accordingly.

In the Philippines, the MMDA, etc will only catch mostly privately owned cars and delivery trucks which sucks!!
    I agree. I also think that the adverse reactions to Makati's increase in traffic fines isn't so much as the law but as to who enacted the law. I'm sure the Binay clan wouldn't win any popularity polls in this forum. But you have to admit, they run a tight ship... pretty much like a pirate ship, but a tight ship nonetheless.

Begrudgingly, I'd like to see Makati win against
    motorists who disregard traffic signals or commit infractions, such as running a red light, PUVs awaiting for passengers beyond the authorized time period (15 seconds maximum) for loading/unloading at PUV stops and those that load/unload in areas not designated as PUV stops, as well as pedestrians violating pedestrian rules and regulations.
    The Daily Tribune - Without Fear or Favor

Maybe, just maybe other LGU's will follow the example and we'll have mini-Subics mushrooming all over the country. Now excuse me as I pinch myself. Time to wake up...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    OK lang sa akin yang ganyan.

"Makati is a FINE city."

Sana kumalat na yan sa buong MM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    dapat strict sila sa mga buses and other puv na parang nagkakarera sa kalye. at kung hindi man, humihinto sa gitna ng matagal.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Yan ang tama, hirap kasi nung may napupusuan sila eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sorry to revive this thread,
    Nahuli ako kagabi sa makati, entering one way, which i'm not familiar sa area na un, sa may Polaris.
    Magkano kaya fine neto?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    counterflow yan.. dati alam ko 2,500.00

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Sorry to revive this thread,
    Nahuli ako kagabi sa makati, entering one way, which i'm not familiar sa area na un, sa may Polaris.
    Magkano kaya fine neto?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ouch ang mahal
    pero parang disregarding traffic sign ata dapat

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Ang mahal pala.
    San ba ung kuhaan nun? Mayapis, cor, malugay nakalagay. Di talaga ako familiar sa Makati

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Ang mahal pala.
    San ba ung kuhaan nun? Mayapis, cor, malugay nakalagay. Di talaga ako familiar sa Makati
    I still can remember 1999 yan ang kaunaunahan kong huli na malaki ang fine, P1500 pa noon, Sa makati Cityhall ko kinuha at tinubos noon " Illegal Counterflow" Bagito ako noon na nagmamaneho sa Dela Rosa likod ng Makati Cinema Square, ginagawa pa yung tulay, nagulat nlang ako at lumapit sa akin sa 4 na direksiyon. Nakatago at wala akong mapagtanungan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tougher traffic laws in makati take effect sept 16