New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Sir gud day! I've been searching in the forum for hours now, wala talaga akong makita so i decide to start a thread, my question is who among us here have Tinted (blacked) tail light, and is it illegal here? at anong penalty for this. ive seen lot of cars sa kalsada na nakaganto. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its considered as unauthorized installation of devices/accessories under the LTO guidelines.
    yes, its illegal as it blocks/dimly blocks vision on the brake/tail lights which is critical if you are driving in bad weather, fog or even driving in a fine weather at night in a remote area.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    On RA 4136 Article IV (D), there are specifics for that tinted tail light to pass the LTO requirement.
    1. The color of the tail light should still blurt out red. Any other color would be a violation
    2. That red light should be visible 100 meters away from the car.

As what Sir 1D4LV mentioned, it is a poor idea to do that because it gives poor visibility on the rear, and there is a higher chance of you being rear-ended.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have seen some of these blacked-out tail/brake lights in action.
    and in my opinion, even if it can be argued that it is not illegal, it is downright stupid and reckless. (pardon the S word. but i could not think of a better word.)
    the objective of the light is to announce presence and intentions. blacking it out would diminish both.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 17th, 2016 at 08:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    well said mga boss, marami na kasi akong nakikita every time na nag babyahe ako. and made me think if its safe, specially in the morning.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    porma lang yun ng mga makitid ang utak

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last year during the rainy season tapos gabi pa, muntik na ako naka bangga ng honda jazz na naka ganyan.

Nakaka bwisit lang tignan si ogag pinalampas ko na lang

Sent via Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Illegal modification yan but mas grabe pa mga iba driving with busted TL pero di pinapansin. Noon pa nauso yan.... for me laos na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sinohin View Post
    porma lang yun ng mga makitid ang utak
    Agree to that sir... common sense was gone. They should ask themselves what's the main purpose of that TL. Its not a decoration.....its for road safety purposes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Agree to that sir... common sense was gone. They should ask themselves what's the main purpose of that TL. Its not a decoration.....its for road safety purposes.
    i wish i was a police officer so that i can apprehend these illegal stuffs, but with a policeman's paycheck and a life worth less than 11 pesos (a single bullet) then its not worth it... vote duterte for president and bring back discipline and peace on our beloved country...