New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yup the rules are the same. Ayaw lang sumunod or hindi lang talaga alam ng local drivers. If you learn how to do it right, don't be ashamed to do it right even outside the freeport. Or at least even outside the freeport, have the courtesy to do a full stop at intersections especially if you are on a side street and you will cross or turn into a main street.

Same lang iyan ng company policy namin to drive with headlamps on at any time of the day. People thought we were wierd. Nevermind kung madaming jackass na walang tigil sa kaka senyas samin na naka on ilaw namin. Other big companies started to follow suit and pretty soon even regular cars had daytime running lamps as standard.
    i totally agree with you sir.. keeping headlights on is a must in the way the general public drives.. you know the type of driving sir nga pag mai intersection,, drive muna sa gitna ng kalya before looking if there are cars coming.. with the headlights on at least other uninformed drivers think twice before going into an intersection. pati nga dito sa Nuvali sir.. mai intersection with stop sign. and everytime i stop with a car following me busina agad.. nakaka hiya kasi mahalin pa naman ang mga kotse naka sunod.. i just wonder why they can enforce the traffic laws in subic and not in manila.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^because there are more ignorant people in MM than in Subic

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    Ibig ba sabihin if your in a convoy pauunahin mo muna yung leader and wait every intersection? Para kasing bawal ang convoy eh. Please enlight further on this instance. TIA
    Anywhere, if one are in a convoy, pag nagkahiwalay you just have to wait at certain points where you wont obstruct traffic.

Marami dito sensitive sa convoy because of the feeling-VIP goons we encounter on the road, funerals convoys, and even those going out with friends/family na feeling end of the world na kung nagkahiwalay sila.

BTT: It's basically enforcement and a discipline culture in Subic. Kaya naman ng Pinoy kung alam nila na huhulihin and walang lusot.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    na-apprehend na rin ako one time sa gabi paguwi galing sa harbour point. mabait naman yung traffic enforcer. tinanong kung 1st time ko sa subic, sagot ko yes then sinabi lang yung rule na 1st to stop, 1st to go. wala naman fine ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    na-apprehend na rin ako one time sa gabi paguwi galing sa harbour point. mabait naman yung traffic enforcer. tinanong kung 1st time ko sa subic, sagot ko yes then sinabi lang yung rule na 1st to stop, 1st to go. wala naman fine ;)
    Same experience during my first trip to SIR back in the day. We were coming from the track and at one intersection the STOP sign was obscured by leaves from a tree due to the wind and I did not see it right away. I braked upon seeing the sign but it was tooo late for me to do a full stop before the road merge. When I was pulled over I explained what happened and I was let off with a warning written on my gate pass.

I remember kasama ko pa si Glennster/glenn10 and yung girlaloo niya that time

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    natawa tuloy ako sa sarili kong nung 1st.time naming pumunta ng subic, nahuli din kasi kami dyan sa may STOP sign
    mababait naman talaga mga enforcer at magagalang... madali silang pakiusapan, di tulad sa MM na pera agad...hehehe!
    tsaka pag nahuli ka ng over speeding sa SCTEX ... bago ka lumabas ng subic makukuha mo na ang license mo sa tollway
    sa mga enforcer ng subic "SALUDO" ako sa inyo!!
    Last edited by skyflakes; April 27th, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Back in the early 90s a few years after the US base was removed, we had a highschool field to subic. That is when they explained the 1st to stop, first to go rule. I think it is an international rule on traffic.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    QUESTION: (sa clark ko nakita di ito)

4 way lane (2 lane each direction)

sa intersection meron traffic light (na working) at "STOP" sign - now im confused, ano susundin mo?

a. ang traffic light
    b. ang traffic light at "STOP" sign (kahit naka green/go ka eh mag STOP ka pa din?)
    c. pag OFF lang ang traffic light tska lang susundin ang "STOP" sign (alam ko dapat may 3 vertical black circles ang "STOP" sign para dito, saying/symbolizing STOP when the traffic light is off
    d. the combination of a traffic light and a stop sign eh para lang dun sa mga mag turn right? na mag stop muna before turning right?

ang gulo kase, may traffic light na may stop sign pa, ano to TRAP nanaman!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sa intersection meron traffic light (na working) at "STOP" sign - now im confused, ano susundin mo?

a. ang traffic light
    b. ang traffic light at "STOP" sign (kahit naka green/go ka eh mag STOP ka pa din?)
    c. pag OFF lang ang traffic light tska lang susundin ang "STOP" sign (alam ko dapat may 3 vertical black circles ang "STOP" sign para dito, saying/symbolizing STOP when the traffic light is off
    d. the combination of a traffic light and a stop sign eh para lang dun sa mga mag turn right? na mag stop muna before turning right?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, i keep three things in mind when i am driving in there.

a. kung may stop sign, first to stop would be the first to go.
    b. observe speed limit
    c. observe turning lanes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

a. ang traffic light

a & b. pag may traffic light na yung traffic light ang sundin mo.

c. pag sira ang traffic light (totally off) or pag blinking yellow, follow the 4-way stop rule - first to stop first to go, play right when 2 vehicles stop at the same time, vehicle going straight (understood when not giving any turn signal) goes first when 2 vehicles arrive at the same time on opposite lanes.

d. usually ang traffic sign is "yield" at may kasama pa minsan na "turn right at any time". pero kasi dito sa pilipinas e madaming gunggong na drivers na di alam ibig sabihin ng "yield" kaya stop sign ang nakalagay. so yes tama ka, when there is a stop sign on the right side and there is a traffic light then that equates to the "yield" sign.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123