New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    If you fail to do so, you may cause harm either to you or someone you are sharing the road with. Being a safe driver is important. Go through the following steps to know exactly how to do so:

1. Maintain the speed limit
    2. Always wear your seat belt
    3. Do not drink and drive
    4. In the very beginning, avoid having friends in the car

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    First & foremost,

Be sure you are 18yrs old & up.

You have driver's license.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lizatailor23 View Post
    If you fail to do so, you may cause harm either to you or someone you are sharing the road with.

1. Maintain the speed limit
    4. In the very beginning, avoid having friends in the car

I disagree with these two (1 & 4), rather;
    1. Go with the flow of traffic but not to exceed speed limit.
    4. Friends know how to drive can teach you their experiences.

Happy learning guys.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Don't Be mayabang. that's the golden rule!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Share.

I start driving when I was 16 years old, then now I'm 20. After 4 years of driving along espana, quezon avenue, commonwealth talagang survival of the fittest ang mga roads na ito, anyhow dito mo masusubukan yung driving skills and how you relate to other motorist especially sa mga un-educated public utulity drivers.

But, talagang hindi ko mapigilan magpatakbo po ng mabilis (80 to 100) alone kasi nakakainip!hehe. Specially if you're driving a sports car.
    Siguro pag ako na mismo bumili ng sasakyan, todo ingat siguro! :-D Now I'm working, planning to buy na.

Siguro don't be arrogant and always be present minded while on road! and last FOCUS....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by F-14 View Post
    First & foremost,

Be sure you are 18yrs old & up.

You have driver's license.

I'll admit I'm not a good driver, that's why I can say that this is Step #2 already. What's step #1? Enroll at a known driving school and pass it. How do I know that? I learned from our family driver. He thought me the short-cut method. I learned how to drive, but didn't learn the basics, plus i learned his bad habits, and added more of my own. That's how, I think, public drivers got so bad at driving, by passing on those wrong disciplines, and it's still an ongoing process.

In a known driving school, you should be able to learn the proper way of driving from day one. I can be sure that you'll developed your own bad habits, but at least, you'll start clean and proper. In addition, don't teach driving to anybody, unless you are qualified. A driver's license does not make you qualified to teach.

After that, practice what you learned from the driving school and hopefully avoid developing a lot of bad habits. What bad habits? Some of them were already mentioned above. It will be tempting to drive like those around you, but try hard to stick to what you've learned in driving school.

BTW, call it Step #0, but I also think it helps if you realize that you're putting lives in your hands by driving a vehicle. Not only yourself but including those around you. If you're not ready to take that responsibility, take a public transport.

Good luck, and drive responsibly.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    5. always lock your doors
    6.Don't text and drive( number 1 ata dapat to)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Develop patience and discipline.

Those virtues IMO will get you away from trouble majority if not all the time.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Some Steps to Become a Safe Teenage Driver