The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    There should be corresponding increase in speed limit

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Since I work in Batangas, SLEX has my daily drive from the Metro for the last 8 years or so (Yes, I survived the time it was being rehabilitated). Last weekend, I did NLEX-SCTeX to Subic. This is the first time I got a chance to compare both tollways after the rehab. NLEX is definitely much better. Smoother, lanes wider, road markings very visible, signs/fonts uniformed. Is it because the French built the NLEX and us pinoys build the SLEX?

Sulit ang bayad sa NLEX/SCTEX even with the toll increase/VAT. It's a pain to be paying almost 400% more for SLEX.

Perhaps if SLEX (Mates) opens the extension/link to STAR, maybe I'll change my mind. Laking ginhawa para sa akin.
    That's because they did it right on the NLEX. With the SLEX, I can't count how many times they did and redid certain parts (and I heard they even changed contractors at times) and how many millions (if not billions) of pesos were wasted on terrible construction practices. Even now, the tollgates are poorly designed, with some gates and exits not wide enough to accomodate large trucks or newer vehicles!

It's like the idiots who designed the system didn't know the first thing about building roads!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    NLEX isn't so hot anymore, marami na din mga bumps. Toll should always be a function of how good the road is.

+1 to increase speed limits if they manage to keep it as good as it was before. Even just 120 would be great.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    effective May 12, 2022

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    effective May 12, 2022

From magkano?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    From 60 - Balintawak
    From 272 - Sta. Ines

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    From magkano?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May balita ba na gagaya ang slex at naiax? Baka ma inggit. SLEX vs NLEX toll rate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
SLEX vs NLEX toll rate