New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    There's a massive huge fire ongoing now at the Section 2 staging area aka the SMC Yamamura Plastics Factory in Pandacan.

People on the ground has reported parts of the elevated UB sections has collapsed already due to the intense fire / heat.

Lauro

EDIT: Kanfirmed - some sections had indeed collapsed

Last edited by absinthe; February 1st, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    There's a massive huge fire ongoing now at the Section 2 staging area aka the SMC Yamamura Plastics Factory in Pandacan.

People on the ground has reported parts of the elevated UB sections has collapsed already due to the intense fire / heat.

Lauro

EDIT: Kanfirmed - some sections had indeed collapsed

Saan exactly yan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think this is the property the skyway crosses before the pasig river section coming from Tomas Claudio.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 1st, 2020 at 02:24 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Bad news just keep on piling up, it seems.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    San Miguel says 300 meters of Skyway affected, vows to help fire victims
    Published February 1, 2020 9:58pm

An estimated 300 meters of the Skyway Stage 3 project was affected by a fire that hit a plastic plant of San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp. in Pandacan, Manila on Saturday.

In a statement, San Miguel Corp. said its SMC Infrastructure's technical team went to the site after the fire was put under control and discovered the damage it made.

While the blaze affected 300 meters of the project, "the full extent of damage and its impact to the construction, has yet to be determined," the company added.

SMS, meanwhile, vowed to extend assistance the families whose houses were razed by the fire.

"We are ready to provide assistance to anyone directly affected by the incident," it said.

<snipped>
    ---

Pinoy Joyride is feeling sad.
    ·5 hrs ·

A very unfortunate incident happened today. I ran out of words awhile ago and was so surprised to see the aftermath of the fire that engulfed the container yard. This is so heart breaking, for a follower and observer i feel so sad.

Seems like span 4 collapsed and the other span beside it was damaged as well..

Been waiting for almost five to six years to see this elevated structure complete. Almost near completion and this incident happened.
    The only good thing happened today was no human casualty.

May this day be the end of unfortunate events. Since January 2020 we are bombarded by unfortunate events.

Skyway fans can feel sad today but as i always say #movingforward and a fire cant stop us move forward! Ganbare #skywaystage3 contractors!

---

It looks like this span was the one that collapsed:

Image grabbed from Dim

Comparison:

-

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    good gosh!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Engineering failure

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Video of the panic during the fire showed piles of plastic pallets under the skyway section. Ginawang bodega yung ilalim.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Video of the panic during the fire showed piles of plastic pallets under the skyway section. Ginawang bodega yung ilalim.
    Yan nga pinagtataka ko. Active construction site ginawa ni smc imbakan pa din kahit na dapay turnoved over na yung lupa sa skyway.

Oo alam ko sa kanila din yun pero dapat hiwalay pa din.

Sa litrato ng aerials malayo naman building so talagang yung pellets inimbak sa ilalim.

Ang tanong ko na lang, sinadya ba nila yung pagimbak dahil sablay na sila sa 2020 turnover nila at magpenalty sila sa dpwh?

Or gahaman lang talaga at ayaw mawala yung lot area na yun kaya ginamit pa din nila storage area ang hindi na dapat sa subsidiary warehouse?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Engineering failure
    Is it really? I assume sa sobrang lakas ng apoy naapektuhan steel reinforcements nung section na bumagsak.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast