New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Diba meh ginagawang roadworks after MCX off-ramp towards SLEx hanggang dun sa S2E on-ramp?

Ang dependency siguro ay they need to widen the bridge crossing Lt. Roman Ave para hindi mashado kagulo / iwas aksidente yung sa merging coming from MCX / swerving rightwards naman coming for SLEx going to S2E:

ss from GEarth

----

Re: NLEx vs SLEx

road-wise, mas maganda quality ng MVP-operated expressways compared kay RSA ESPECIALLY STAR Tollway - nakadaan na ba kayo lately sa SB Lipa-Ibaan segment? PUTR3S yung outermost lane, lubak2x at crack2x na yung semento - DO NOT DRIVE at this lane lest you destroy the suspension / shock absorber of your C1 vehicle [Lodi RSA baka naman pwede mo paayos, grabe na talaga eh. Bakit naman ganon, nagbabayad naman kami ng toll fee. this is highly prone to accidents eh].

SLEx NB Alaska segment, perennial headache ever since PNCC / MTD days hindi talaga maayos ayos yung 3rd at 4th lane.

SLEX TR3, mukang ewan din yung outermost lane pero "manageable" pa naman, ingat lang sa lubaks.

---

Pero sa ETC system, MVP's EC Trip absolutely sucks.
    gulat nga ako sa valenzuela toll barriers up pa din hanggang ngayon. ano kaya progreso if any ng rfid readers nila doon?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Diba meh ginagawang roadworks after MCX off-ramp towards SLEx hanggang dun sa S2E on-ramp?

Ang dependency siguro ay they need to widen the bridge crossing Lt. Roman Ave para hindi mashado kagulo / iwas aksidente yung sa merging coming from MCX / swerving rightwards naman coming for SLEx going to S2E:

ss from GEarth

----

Re: NLEx vs SLEx

road-wise, mas maganda quality ng MVP-operated expressways compared kay RSA ESPECIALLY STAR Tollway - nakadaan na ba kayo lately sa SB Lipa-Ibaan segment? PUTR3S yung outermost lane, lubak2x at crack2x na yung semento - DO NOT DRIVE at this lane lest you destroy the suspension / shock absorber of your C1 vehicle [Lodi RSA baka naman pwede mo paayos, grabe na talaga eh. Bakit naman ganon, nagbabayad naman kami ng toll fee. this is highly prone to accidents eh].

SLEx NB Alaska segment, perennial headache ever since PNCC / MTD days hindi talaga maayos ayos yung 3rd at 4th lane.

SLEX TR3, mukang ewan din yung outermost lane pero "manageable" pa naman, ingat lang sa lubaks.

---

Pero sa ETC system, MVP's EC Trip absolutely sucks.
    Yan nga! Dapat ituloy nila yan isang lane hanggang sa paglabas ng MCX. Para hinde na mag merge mga mag skyway tuloy tuloy lang sa outer lane.

Saka ano yun ginagawa doon just b3fiee yun pa akyat nun extension? Maglagay ba sila ng office doon ang laki pa nun sinakop nila papasok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Naglagay sila ng camera sa bawat toll booth. I think binabasa na lang nila manually via manual review kasi minsan abot ng 1day bago magreflect yung passage dun
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    gulat nga ako sa valenzuela toll barriers up pa din hanggang ngayon. ano kaya progreso if any ng rfid readers nila doon?
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Looks like Stage 3 will be hard-capped at 60kph:

---

Skyway Stage 3: 60 km/h zone from now on?
    Anton Andres
    Ramon Ang sets the record straight on Skyway Stage 3's speed limit
    AutoIndustriya.com April 12, 2021 16:10

xxx

The top boss of San Miguel Corporation said the 60 km/h limit will remain on the expressway even after the completion of construction works.

Skyway Stage 3 will have what is called a variable direction lane scheme. That means there are parts of the expressway that will not have a center divider. Stage 3 will have movable lane dividers that will change during different parts of the day, depending on traffic. All of a sudden, the decision to stick to the 60 km/h limit is sensible. You wouldn't want a car barreling down the wrong way straight at you at 80 km/h. Even a head-on impact at 60 km/h is a frightening thought as that would be a combined speed of 120 km/h.

Ang made another point in the story. Biz Buzz quoted him, saying “There's nothing wrong with 60 km/h. You will still get to your destination a lot faster”. He added, “What will you do with higher speeds? Race? If you want to race, take it to the track in Clark. A lot of people who like to race on roads here, pure yabang lang (they are just show-offs). When they get to the track, they have nothing to show for it”.

xxx
    Maganda sana kung merong movable barriers like this one:

---

PERO merong ganito na makakagulo pa:

That said, there is a section of Skyway Stage 3 that bumps up to 80 km/h. If you're coming from the North, it's the part that joins the original Skyway. If you're coming from the South, it's an 80 km/h zone before the Quirino Interchange.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019

The answer seems to be yes. That is according to Biz Buzz columnist Daxim Lucas of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. The story is dated today (April 12, 2021), and the person who answered the speed limit question is none other than Ramon Ang. The top boss of San Miguel Corporation said the 60 km/h limit will remain on the expressway even after the completion of construction works.

With that, Skyway Stage 3 will have the same speed limit as the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway (NAIAX). We know what some of you are thinking: isn't 60 km/h a tad slow for an expressway? Ang has an answer for that.

Skyway Stage 3 will have what is called a variable direction lane scheme. That means there are parts of the expressway that will not have a center divider. Stage 3 will have movable lane dividers that will change during different parts of the day, depending on traffic. All of a sudden, the decision to stick to the 60 km/h limit is sensible. You wouldn't want a car barreling down the wrong way straight at you at 80 km/h. Even a head-on impact at 60 km/h is a frightening thought as that would be a combined speed of 120 km/h.

Ang made another point in the story. Biz Buzz quoted him, saying “There's nothing wrong with 60 km/h. You will still get to your destination a lot faster”. He added, “What will you do with higher speeds? Race? If you want to race, take it to the track in Clark. A lot of people who like to race on roads here, pure yabang lang (they are just show-offs). When they get to the track, they have nothing to show for it”. And for those who want to dismiss Ang's quote, don't even try it. The man is a certified car enthusiast with gasoline coursing through his veins.

That said, there is a section of Skyway Stage 3 that bumps up to 80 km/h. If you're coming from the North, it's the part that joins the original Skyway. If you're coming from the South, it's an 80 km/h zone before the Quirino Interchange. After that, you have to shave off your speed to 60 km/h. If you need a reminder, 60 km/h signs are posted all over the expressway. And if you think you can still get away with driving past the limit, there are Skyway enforcers right by the Quezon Avenue exit ready to give you a citation.
    Still 60 kph is a bit slow for driving in Skyway isn't? Even I was driving around here I felt always getting left behind by other motorists that runs at higher speeds (80-100kph). Sure there will be some drivers want to push the pedal to the metal up to a hundred. Even I just did before.

Anyways it's for the safety of other motorists. I think Ang is right.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post

Still 60 kph is a bit slow for driving in Skyway isn't? Even I was driving around here I felt always getting left behind by other motorists that runs at higher speeds (80-100kph). Sure there will be some drivers want to push the pedal to the metal up to a hundred. Even I just did before.

Anyways it's for the safety of other motorists. I think Ang is right.
    They should gauge the portions that can accommodate a much faster speed limit while limiting to 60kmh the narrower portions.

They should also put a lower speed limit and apprehend those who drive below that limit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    while some drivers are concerned at how fast they are allowed to drive,
    safety officers are worried at how fast these drivers can put on the breaks.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Me and my father in law (FIL)... True Story

FIL: kainis... daming pasaway sa kalsada kaya walang solution traffic
    Me: ang importante po, sumusunod tayo
    FIL: natry mo na ba SS3? ang saya, tumakbo ako ng mahigit 100

Me: (in my head) simpleng speed limit na 60 di mo sinunod

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kapatid ni workplace worker samin,
    na-multahan siya for speeding on skyway 3.
    or was that naiax?
    basta! na-multahan!
    Last edited by dr. d; April 13th, 2021 at 06:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Me and my father in law (FIL)... True Story

FIL: kainis... daming pasaway sa kalsada kaya walang solution traffic
    Me: ang importante po, sumusunod tayo
    FIL: natry mo na ba SS3? ang saya, tumakbo ako ng mahigit 100

Me: (in my head) simpleng speed limit na 60 di mo sinunod
    In the times I used SS3, rarely did I go past 80kmh in the section past Buendia towards NLEX. Most of the time, people do just between 60 to 80 kmh. I do the same with NAIAX.

However, in most other expressways, I go past 100kmh most of the time. I have not gone past 200kmh in Skyway or SLEX though.