New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    For vehicles with a single passenger, that can be a lot. You should have a daily income of 2,200 and save 1 hr of travel to offset the cost of using the toll fee (opportunity cost approach).

The cost decreases if there are more people in the vehicle.

Of course, besides time, you can have saving on fuel and engine depreciation.

Other benefits can be less stress due to traffic.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    For vehicles with a single passenger, that can be a lot. You should have a daily income of 2,200 and save 1 hr of travel to offset the cost of using the toll fee (opportunity cost approach).

The cost decreases if there are more people in the vehicle.
    wish ko lang!
    as if the other passengers would spontaneously hand in their contribution...
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I can see the new Skyway benefitting those who take UV Express to Ayala... You pay more pero you reach earlier..

For the private driver naman. Not only does it allows us to save on gas and car maintenance, it also allows us to purchase a bigger and better house in QC

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I can see the new Skyway benefitting those who take UV Express to Ayala... You pay more pero you reach earlier..

For the private driver naman. Not only does it allows us to save on gas and car maintenance, it also allows us to purchase a bigger and better house in QC
    ...a bigger and better house in QC.
    pls explain, po.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    bakit ang dami ko nababasa dito magpupuntahan ng qc ko. Kasi dito talaga sa true qc ko talaga mga puntahan mga tunay na negosyo!!!

eh ako hindi naman pupunta ng makati taguig at paranaque kasi ano ba magagawa jan?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...a bigger and better house in QC.
    pls explain, po.
    bec of traffic... we are all trying to buy a decent 50sqm condo sa BGC, MOA and Ayala.

when I purchased my condo.
    6.5M for a 2 bedroom unit (2 parking slots)

I was looking around Fairview and remember seeing Camella homes at 5.5M (slightly bigger house compared to my condo, 2 car garage)

My mom's subd in QC are presently selling houses at 5M...

that 1.5M price difference will mean using the Skyway 2-way for 7.5 years everyday

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    bakit ang dami ko nababasa dito magpupuntahan ng qc ko. Kasi dito talaga sa true qc ko talaga mga puntahan mga tunay na negosyo!!!

eh ako hindi naman pupunta ng makati taguig at paranaque kasi ano ba magagawa jan?
    maybe they have overstayed their welcome in the places they are being booted out from.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    As stated, meh public hearing pa naman sa toll fees, pero sana mapalitan pa yung toll fee nung mga asa gitnang intercity exits to actual distance traveled. Exit ka sa Q. Ave / A. Boni / P274 din, ouchy...yung Buendia to NLEx na P274 mabigat pero IMO "okay" na yan kasi end-to-end naman na yun at price of convenience, and RSA / SMC has to recoup their investment.

Yung A. Blvd to Q. Ave na P133 talaga yung
    Last edited by absinthe; January 20th, 2021 at 04:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    wish ko lang!
    as if the other passengers would spontaneously hand in their contribution...
    heh heh.
    asawa at anak naman nasa isip ko doc hehehe

pag friends, hindi na ako bubunot sa inuman. sagot na nila ako kasi ako bayad toll fee

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    As stated, meh public hearing pa naman sa toll fees, pero sana mapalitan pa yung toll fee nung mga asa gitnang intercity exits to actual distance traveled. Exit ka sa Q. Ave / A. Boni / P274 din, ouchy...yung Buendia to NLEx na P274 mabigat pero IMO "okay" na yan kasi end-to-end naman na yun at price of convenience, and RSA / SMC has to recoup their investment.

Yung A. Blvd to Q. Ave na P133 talaga yung
    This is supposed to be SLEX-NLEX connector. Ibaba mo yung toll sa inter-city exits and it becomes an elevated toll-way for NCR. And worse, baka mag-cause pa ng traffic sa taas at affected yung SLEX to NLEX (or vice versa) travellers, negating the purpose of the skyway.