New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have always wondered,
    why asphalt a concrete road surface?
    Saw video before, think it was from Dim's, dumaan sila from Araneta until dun sa nasunog na portion. Ang tagtag ng daan.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Problem seems to be the gradient. Inconsistent and sometimes inexistent so the water can't drain properly. Seems to be by design so the tongressmen will always have a road repair project.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    asphalt has one weakness.
    traffic + water.
    and we have much of both.

asphalt roads have to be constructed in such a way that water poodles will not collect.
    concrete repair is hard to accomplish in this setting. its usually done by reblocking portions of the road that requires a heavy concrete Breaker. Doing this on an elevated highway is risky since vibration form the breaker can unsettle the beams and foundation. The Asphalt is used as both a cushioning and easy maintenance repair if ever it gets damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Problem seems to be the gradient. Inconsistent and sometimes inexistent so the water can't drain properly. Seems to be by design so the tongressmen will always have a road repair project.
    Skyway is under SMC and skyway corp(cant remember the corporation that handles it). Its a handled by those companies and they are the ones funding the repair of the skyway or any of its extensions. The toll fee that we pay is used for that. The congressman can't put funds on a location that is considered being handled by a private entity. Thou i am not saying it doesn't happen in other places but in this skyway setting i doubt it kasi sobra high profile siya. guaranteed caso yan kay Cong. hahaha.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Asphalt overlay has started in Section 5 as well, photo taken yesterday.

PJ

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Stage 3 mainline video from SMC - as of 21 Oct 2020

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    a friend who works there said pinatanggal daw yung anchor dowels na hahawak sa center island ng ilang mga segments na shared lanes. I am wondering why di pa sinabay gawin yun. Painted lanes na lang ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I appreciate the 1080p60, i can pause the video and the picture looks ok. I think the drone was doing 50kph lol

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Stage 3 mainline video from SMC - as of 21 Oct 2020

Last edited by StockEngine; November 1st, 2020 at 01:38 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Dmitrivalencia's November update focuses on the asphalt works so short video since not much to cover for the mainline as it's now finished.

hope everyone is safe after the typhoon. The skyway stage 3 main line is on its finishing stages as we could see asphalt coating has began! Our coverage of the Skyway stage 3 is almost about to end. This will be one of the shortest monthly update as we focused on the developments. Since final touches are being done like lamp post installation, storm drain and other waterway and electrical lining, (i guess these are) temporary toll plazas and asphalt coating being done.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    SMC/SOMCO, EEI and / or Readycon may be in serious financial trouble here...happened at Section 5, NLEx Balintawak SB:

Sky_Higher:

Kung sino man yung kinontrata ng SMC to do asphalt overlaying in Skyway Stage 3, specifically along NLEX Balintawak area, mayayare talaga sila sa mga may-ari nitong mga killing machines na kailangan nilang bayaran for damages. For kamotes, they deserve this.

Visor

Autoplex

Videos here and here

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I dont know why he said kamotes deserve this. Their protective gear and their 2wheel rides are expensive too.

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast