The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    For those clamoring for a C5 exit on the Skyway, here is some good news:

C-5/FTI/Skyway Connector

Description :
    • Provide direct access to Food Terminal Inc. (FTI) from both Skyway and C-5

Length 6.8 km (including ramps)

2 to 4 lanes

Estimated cost PhP 5.64 Billion (US$125.33 Million)(1US$ =Php 45.00)

Implementation Schedule - 2012 to 2015

Project Status :

Feasibility Study was completed in 2006
    • Detailed Design already completed ( August, 2010)- under review by the Bureau of Design, DPWH
    • Expected Bidding – 3rd Quarter 2011

Detailed Design and Construction Schedule – 2012 to 2015
    • Proposed PPP Scheme: Type 2

That is good news.

Pero, sa totoo lang,- hindi ko maintindihan ang mapa....

12.8K:toma:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    In 2012 and hoping that the Mayan calendar won't bring the end of the world: the SLEX and NLEX will be connected accdg to Wikipedia's entry on the Skyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_M...its.2FEntrance. Seems to be accurate and updated based on the latest news about the Skyway-Alabang extension.
    North Metro Manila Skyway Project/Connector Road Project

North Metro Manila Skyway/Connector Road is composed of the Stage 3 of the whole Metro Manila Skyway Project.

Stage 3

Stage 3 or also called as Segment 11 in the NLEx Phase 2 project involves the construction of a 13.24 kilometer Elevated Expressway from Gil Puyat (Skyway Stage 1) To the C-3 Road which will connect to the NLEx via Segment 10 of the NLEx Phase 2 project.

Motorists may soon enjoy streamlined driving from the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) to the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) with plans under way for an elevated road connecting both highways.

The government has reportedly accepted an unsolicited proposal from Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corp. (MPTDC) to build the 13.24-kilometer road. MPTDC is a subsidiary of Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (MPTC), which runs NLEX.

Known as the Connector Road project, the elevated expressway will have a distance of 13.24 kilometers with 10.54 kilometers right over the Philippine National Railways tracks and the remaining 2.7 kilometers over Osmeña Highway.

It will be connected in the north to Segment 10, which will soon be constructed through the cities of Caloocan and Valenzuela. In the south, it will be linked to the skyway near Gil Puyat Avenue in Makati City. Once completed, the Connector Road will have four entry and exit points: C-3 Road in Caloocan, España Blvd. and Quirino Avenue in Manila, and Gil Puyat in Makati.

Construction of the project is estimated to cost P17 billion, but as an "all-elevated" structure, right-of-way acquisition shall be reduced to an estimated cost of only P2.41-billion. Construction is anticipated to start in 2012 when NLEX Segments 9 and 10 are complete.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That is good news.

Pero, sa totoo lang,- hindi ko maintindihan ang mapa....

Magulo din ang mapa kasi doon sa mapa hindi connected sa Skyway yung red line. Pero don't worry kasi it's a PPP project of PNoy kaya there is a possibility that this will push through

Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    In 2012 and hoping that the Mayan calendar won't bring the end of the world: the SLEX and NLEX will be connected accdg to Wikipedia's entry on the Skyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_M...its.2FEntrance. Seems to be accurate and updated based on the latest news about the Skyway-Alabang extension.
    Pinag-uusapan namin ito sa Skyscrapercity Philippines. This is a project of MVP's Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation, which has a big possibility that will push through knowing MVP. Right-of-way is not a problem as it will utilize the railway of PNR. Meaning that it will be an elevated expressway and will connect with NLEX at it's Segment 10 (part of C5 North extension being constructed by MPTC subsidiary Manila North Tollways Corporation)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    afaik.. the "FREE" use that they are talking about is the one from bicutan to alabang... but still you need to pay the 85 pesos for using the skyway...

originally.. when you use the skyway.. you pay 85 pesos yung sa big tollbooth nila sa may taguig area.. (not sure on the location) basta yung sa may merville / taguig toll booth.. bago mag makati... then if you're exiting sucat / bicutan you need to pay extra "again" so yung pag "bayad" ulit upon exit ang "free" for alabang na mag exit.

so instead of paying 85 pesos upon entry of skyway.. then another payment upon exit sa alabang... hindi ka na mag babayad sa exit ng alabang... yun ang "free" nila.

yun kasi what I have experienced when they opened the skyway to sucat... i paid 85 pesos upon entry sa skyway.. then south bound to sucat... hindi na ko nag bayad upon exiting... sabi ng tollbooth person dun... libre daw.. wala nang babayaran..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hey got to try out the Skyway from NAIA3 to SLEX exit. Got to Nuvali (Sta. Rosa, Laguna) in about 45 mins (could be less).. Ride was smooth and convenient. Thank God wala na rin traffic dahil sa bottlenecks sa baba. Even nung pauwi kami around 9PM moderate lang ang volume (not Skyway).

I thought the SLEX exit was all the way up near the Starmall flyover ayun pala that's just for those going to Alabang proper. The SLEX downramp goes down a kilometer nearer I think.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Hey got to try out the Skyway from NAIA3 to SLEX exit. Got to Nuvali (Sta. Rosa, Laguna) in about 45 mins (could be less).. Ride was smooth and convenient. Thank God wala na rin traffic dahil sa bottlenecks sa baba. Even nung pauwi kami around 9PM moderate lang ang volume (not Skyway).

I thought the SLEX exit was all the way up near the Starmall flyover ayun pala that's just for those going to Alabang proper. The SLEX downramp goes down a kilometer nearer I think.
    I am actually looking at the SLEX downramp as my main option in going to Zap-Alab Road (exiting at the South Station), mainly because there is approx 2Km of road up in the Skyway, where only a vehicle can pass. If something happens, then that segment of the Skyway could become a huge parking lot in a matter of minutes....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I am actually looking at the SLEX downramp as my main option in going to Zap-Alab Road (exiting at the South Station), mainly because there is approx 2Km of road up in the Skyway, where only a vehicle can pass. If something happens, then that segment of the Skyway could become a huge parking lot in a matter of minutes....

Ah really? Just one lane? Well in that case looks like it's better to go down to SLEX...

Question.. If I'm going to ATC, is it OK to exit in Filinvest instead? Naguguluhan kasi ako sa Alabang-Zapote Road exit.. I assume it's much farther lang and higher ang toll?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Ah really? Just one lane? Well in that case looks like it's better to go down to SLEX...

Question.. If I'm going to ATC, is it OK to exit in Filinvest instead? Naguguluhan kasi ako sa Alabang-Zapote Road exit.. I assume it's much farther lang and higher ang toll?
    Yup it's much better to use the filinvest exit than the south station exit. It's more expensive by 4php ehehhe, but you can reach atc faster by way of commerce ave. this is how i go to work in Madrigal, I live in Pasay btw...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2 days na lang yung libre hehe sana may extension. From Alabang to Magallanes 10 mins lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    balita ko matagtag daw daanan dun, i mean, hindi masyadong patag. is it true? kasi nung nakapunta na ko dun eh via bus ako and i forgot to examine it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Skyway extension to Alabang now open