New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Grabe ang trapik sa Skyway ngayong gabi. I climbed up the Arnaiz/Don Bosco on-ramp at 7pm, but it took me up to 9:45pm to get to Bicutan. Argh. What gives?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Grabe ang trapik sa Skyway ngayong gabi. I climbed up the Arnaiz/Don Bosco on-ramp at 7pm, but it took me up to 9:45pm to get to Bicutan. Argh. What gives?
    if you can help it, avoid taking slex for the meantime until these are completed. such a waste of money. take the moving longer route if possible. mas mahaba nga and you get to consume more gasoline, but you are moving and you are not paying high toll fees.

my experiences during the past two weeks:

- same as yours. from makati, i saw that the stretch of edsa southbound is in snarls. took the slex route dahil akala ko maluwag. when i reached magallanes, malupit na, so i took the skyway on the assumption na maluwag. dahil 630 pm na. i reached bicutan by 930 am (imagine, a 4-5 km road taking 3 hours), and reached my home in las pinas at 10pm. instead of going straight to alabang, i diverted to soledad and san antonio, sucat road to evacom. if i had chosen to go straight, i might have taken at least another two more hours.

-yesterday morning. from alabang to makati. i was rushing for a client meeting at 10. i was in filinvest by 730 am (had to drop off my wife to work). by 830 am, i was still on the alabang bridge. reached makati at 1030 am and lost the opportunity to meet with a client.

loss is higher if you take the slex during rush hours. mas lalo na ngayon at naguuulan. you have to pay for fuel which you can consume while you are moving, but instead, you are using fuel na nakatenga, you pay toll, and you lose time.

and speaking of slex, have you guys noticed the speed bumps northbound, near c5 bridge? parang ang tataas ng pagkakagawa... mamamasira yun ng suspension.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat gawin ng put*ng inang CITRA na yan eh babaan nila yun toll fee ng skyway ipantay sa baba..para mahati at least yun volume ng vehicles sa baba...

saka alisin na nila yan skyway ramp pag natapos na and extension ng skyway, dyan lang naman talaga ang bottle neck eh..

actually hinde na nila talaga kailagana i extend yun skyway eh..ewan ko ba...simula ng magawa yun SLEX from Alabang bridge onwards wala na ngan traffic eh, hinde man lang pina enjoy ng mga CITRA sa mga taga south yun bagong daan

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    if you can help it, avoid taking slex for the meantime until these are completed. such a waste of money. take the moving longer route if possible. mas mahaba nga and you get to consume more gasoline, but you are moving and you are not paying high toll fees.
    loss is higher if you take the slex during rush hours. mas lalo na ngayon at naguuulan. you have to pay for fuel which you can consume while you are moving, but instead, you are using fuel na nakatenga, you pay toll, and you lose time.

and speaking of slex, have you guys noticed the speed bumps northbound, near c5 bridge? parang ang tataas ng pagkakagawa... mamamasira yun ng suspension.
    Napansin ko nga yang speed bumps malapit sa C5 on-ramp. Ang tatambok, ramdam na ramdam mo kapag nadadaanan. Medyo nakakatakot nga at nakakagulat.

Colleagues of mine swear by the service roads nowadays...I think I'll try the East Service Road as it has apparently been improved a lot and there's hardly any traffic buildup there. We'll see.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    swertihan yung sa service roads minsan maluwag, minsan traffic din. pero mas madalas na moving kesa hindi. pero i still take the service road, ang mentality ko; pareho naman sila trapik (compare to slex nowadays) e sa slex may bayad, sa service road libre pwede ka pa swertihin minsan minsan at maluwag depende sa number ng jeep na nagbababa/sakay.

lot's of fuel wasted due to those traffic jams! I noticed that a week ago, kaya last saturday pauwi from c5 nag buting na ko heading to baymart bicutan dun ako umexit papuntang laguna. Dun lang lagi traffic pag southbound bicutan area talagang bottleneck super! I planned to travel roxas blvd-sucat-mamplasan mamaya di baleng mahaba basta wag lang stuck sa traffic, it's hard to see your fuel gauge moving while your car isn't?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pag 5 am traffic na ba south bound pasay to Alabang area? and North bound traffic ba Sucat to Makati area pag Saturday afternoon?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    1D4LV:
    Ganda ng suggestion mo bro. Going home last night, I used C5 then exited not toward SLEX, but toward the East Service Road. That stretch of road is now well-paved and free-flowing. The only complaint I have is that it's relatively dark and the streetlamps there don't seem to be on.

I'll be using this to go home to Bicutan until SLEX/Skyway is done hassling us.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan ba mas hinde traffic na service road southbound? east or west?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    1D4LV:
    Ganda ng suggestion mo bro. Going home last night, I used C5 then exited not toward SLEX, but toward the East Service Road. That stretch of road is now well-paved and free-flowing. The only complaint I have is that it's relatively dark and the streetlamps there don't seem to be on.

I'll be using this to go home to Bicutan until SLEX/Skyway is done hassling us.
    if you live within the villages of sucat road (e.g. 4th Estate, BF Paranaque, SAV) an alternative too is to exit Bicutan, go via Soledad - San Antonio Village (Paranaque City Hall) route. Dami lang paikot ikot pero it will save you time and money than going to Sucat exit. Or you can take the airport road going to sucat villages. mahaba, pero moving. pero hwag kayo dumaan dito pag malakas ang ulan. bumabaha sa may tapat ng duty free. minsan hanggang bewang ng tao.

kung alabang - las pinas area, go via the same route as sucat, but go straight aheat towards C5 extension - naga road - alabang zapote road.

kung may BF Paranaque sticker, much better.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; June 5th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Skyway to be completed soon? (Alabang - Bicutan - Buendia - Balintawak)