New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Share ko lang sa mga Tsikoteers!

I was at EDSA Southbound to Makati and our way was going around the back of Dusit Hotel (after the Bus Stop station of MRT Ayala).

The Ayala Bus Terminal occupies 3 Lines, Bus A, Bus B, and Bus P respectively.. The 4th lane has the white solid line up to Pasong Tamo together with the Yellow Solid Line as well.

But our way was to turn right before Pasong Tamo.. behind Dusit Hotel... so for short, if Im going to take the 4th line.. (counting from right) I can be charged as 'swerving' due to the white and yellow line, as well as after the MMDA railings is a sharp right so we can enter the said street.

When I was taking a cab a few days / weeks / even months back, what those taxi cabs to and what I see when Im commuting is they take those Bus A, Bus B, or Bus P lines and then take a right turn at that street before Dusit Hotel, and they were not getting caught by MMDA Personnel... so for short.. I did the same thing yesterday... yes.. its a sunday...

I was flagged down by an MMDA and said my violation was crossing the yellow lane which was a 500php fine..

I told him that when im commuting, im seeing taxi cabs, private vehicles doing the same thing and they are not flagging them down.

He said that "There was a MEMO given to them that they are now allowing vehicles to "Swerve" from the 4th lane so they can turn right to that street behind Dusit Hotel going to SM Makati.. "

So I said.. I didn't know there was a MEMO given out... and again I reminded him that previously.. I saw vehicles doing the same thing I did... and they were not caught.. so I did it as well so I am not 'Swerving' 4 lanes of traffic... where I am crossing against busses that suddenly rushes out of the terminal where I can do more traffic jams or worse, an accident.

The MMDA person asked for my Paper licence and just put a 'Warning' on the back, date and name.

... Just wanted to share this experience with the Tsikoteers out there that passes by Makati-Ayala MRT station.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    usually may mga broken diagonal white line yan dapat, from non yellow lane patungo sa kanto na lilikuan mo, ganyan nakikita ko sa ibang bahagi ng edsa. walang ganyan sa ayala station?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    nope. its a solid white and yellow line up to pasay road.

Share: Ayala (under MRT Station) Yellow Lane