New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    parang nakatali kasi sa upuan ang katawan at di mashado makagalaw. tipong ulo lang at kamay at paa ang makakamove freely.
    ewan ko ba, may pagka-stuntman kasi ako. daming beses ko narin nabangga but im still alive, im blessed.
    i think it's time to use it nalang rin for my safety!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    even though you're stuck in traffic you'll never know when a boeing 747 can fall out of the sky and hit you.

Be safe and wear a seatbelt.
    I hope you're kidding, seatbelts will not save you from a jumbo jet falling from the sky. Consider it a message of 450+ seatbelts coming your way, instead.

Wear seat belts whenever you are in the vehicle with the engine running. Advocate this especially to children who sit in the back. Don't forget to remind adults as well.

When my dad's friend's family went to the US we brought them around in our 300TE with third row seats (also equipped with seatbelts). Their kid did not want to wear the belts even when he was sitting in the third row seats. Mind you, we were in and around Disneyland (Anaheim), and it's a hot tourist spot where lots of police cars are around. Good thing the law changed already, and that whoever doesn't want to wear the belt, will be the one ticketed. As long as the driver reminded them to wear the belt and they did not obey, the driver is not liable anymore.

Try watching this video, this is of my car's chassis (w123 body) which usually is considered a "beater" car over here (I'm back in Manila) pero was advanced for its time. Watch as the kid in the back seat gets thrown in between the front seats and hits the dashboard so much so that the dashboard actually buckles. Mind you, the w123 dash is very strong and firm, and in the video the dash actually yields and bends to the dummy kid's impact!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EqMEGA76HsE

If you feel uncomfortable, change your driving position when idling and stuck in traffic. You'll never know when somebody behind doesn't see the incoming traffic (where you are) and rams into you and several other cars.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fw6VUwG9nOo

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    When we tried buying seatbelts for our cars that didn't have them, the auto supply guy looked at us in a funny way. Maybe he didn't get the point of buckling up too.
    In the 80's when people ride with me and see me wearing seatbelts they look at me in a funny way too...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Law or no law, I'll buckle up. It could save my life.

:toma: [SIZE="1"]3031[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I wear my seatbelts too, and I don't run my car unless my passengers are buckled up. If they don't wanna buckle, I tell them to hell wth you! hehehe.

Had an accident also in NLEX, traffic was bad, when some freakin ELF driver suddenly banged my Ranger's rear. Good thing I wore a seatbelt or my head could've hit the steering wheel.

My wife doesn't like wearing it b4, banged her head not so softly on our car's windshield when I had to brake abruptly in the heavy Ayala traffic. Didn't pity her. Stubborn lady. She learned her lesson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Seat Belt Law