New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I got apprehended yesterday by a yellow boy at Buendia corner Chino Roces avenue. My violation was blocking the pedestrian lane. (Yan ang mangyayari pag nagalangan ka mag beat ng red light ) Anyway wala ako plano maglagay so nagpaticket na lang ako. Sabi nung enforcer tubusin ko daw sa Buendia office nila yung license. Heller ang haba kaya ng Buendia. Anyway yoko na kasi siya kausapin kaya I just left. Dami kasi MAPSA office sa Makati e. San ko ba tutubusin yung license ko? Baka may recent diyan sa inyo na tumubos ng license. Help naman.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Pambihirang violation iyon, bakit itong mga mokong na mga naka-motor eh walang habas na nakaharang sa pedestrian, hindi naman hinuhuli. . . :twak:

Sorry :offtopic:, just can't help it eh.
    Last edited by Taurus; July 22nd, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    MAPSA's office is on the second floor of the Makati Central Fire Station, along Avala Ave ext.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks Russ! Sana andito license ko.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ownertype View Post
    Thanks Russ! Sana andito license ko.
    No prob pre! Nakuha mo na ba?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde ba sa cityhall kinukuha ang license? doon ko kasi na claim sa akin dati nahuli ako.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I got apprehended yesterday by a yellow boy at Buendia corner Chino Roces avenue. My violation was blocking the pedestrian lane. (Yan ang mangyayari pag nagalangan ka mag beat ng red light ) Anyway wala ako plano maglagay so nagpaticket na lang ako. Sabi nung enforcer tubusin ko daw sa Buendia office nila yung license.
    TIA
    Under PD 1605, Sec. 5 (dated Nov 21, 1978):
    GRANTING THE METRO-MANILA COMMISSION CERTAIN POWERS RELATED TO TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL...

'' In case of traffic violations, the driver's license shall not be confiscated but the erring driver shall be immediately issued a traffic citation ticket prescribed by the MMC which shall state the violationcommited, amount of fine imposed for the violation and an advice that he can make payment to the city or municipality where the violation was committed or to the Philippine National Bank or Philippine Veterans Bank (defunct) or their banches within seven days from the date of issaunce of the citation ticket.''

This Law, although the author was deposed and is now dead, is still upheld to this date as shown by the Supreme Court ruling G.R. No. 102782 dated December 11, 1991:
    THE SOLICITOR GENERAL, RODOLFO A. MALAPIRA, STEPHEN A. MONSANTO, DAN R.
    CALDERON, and GRANDY N. TRIESTE, petitioners
    vs.
    THE METROPOLITAN MANILA AUTHORITY and the MUNICIPALITY OF MANDALUYONG,
    respondents.

Of course you didn't know this then, but, now you know.

You can get all the info you need from Google. Just type in the search bar
    RA 4136 or PD 1605.

Sabi nga, INNOCENCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    Under PD 1605, Sec. 5 (dated Nov 21, 1978):
    GRANTING THE METRO-MANILA COMMISSION CERTAIN POWERS RELATED TO TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL...

'' In case of traffic violations, the driver's license shall not be confiscated but the erring driver shall be immediately issued a traffic citation ticket prescribed by the MMC which shall state the violationcommited, amount of fine imposed for the violation and an advice that he can make payment to the city or municipality where the violation was committed or to the Philippine National Bank or Philippine Veterans Bank (defunct) or their banches within seven days from the date of issaunce of the citation ticket.''

This Law, although the author was deposed and is now dead, is still upheld to this date as shown by the Supreme Court ruling G.R. No. 102782 dated December 11, 1991:
    THE SOLICITOR GENERAL, RODOLFO A. MALAPIRA, STEPHEN A. MONSANTO, DAN R.
    CALDERON, and GRANDY N. TRIESTE, petitioners
    vs.
    THE METROPOLITAN MANILA AUTHORITY and the MUNICIPALITY OF MANDALUYONG,
    respondents.

Of course you didn't know this then, but, now you know.

You can get all the info you need from Google. Just type in the search bar
    RA 4136 or PD 1605.

Sabi nga, INNOCENCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE.
    dude i've heard of this law countless times kaso wala ngipin ang batas na ito sa Makati.

Anyway I got my license, and dun ko siya nakuha sa MAPSA office sa Mayapis st. katapat nung mga car accessories shops. I have to take Yakal st. from Chino Roces ave. kasi 1 way lang ang Mayapis St. I would suggest commute na lang kayo kasi wala parking office nila. No parking on both sides. Anwyway nag park na lang ako saglit sa kalye. Sabi ng yellow boy, okay lang daw kasi tutubos. Di naman kahabaan yung pila. I paid P500.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    dude i've heard of this law countless times kaso wala ngipin ang batas na ito sa Makati.

Anyway I got my license, and dun ko siya nakuha sa MAPSA office sa Mayapis st. katapat nung mga car accessories shops. I have to take Yakal st. from Chino Roces ave. kasi 1 way lang ang Mayapis St. I would suggest commute na lang kayo kasi wala parking office nila. No parking on both sides. Anwyway nag park na lang ako saglit sa kalye. Sabi ng yellow boy, okay lang daw kasi tutubos. Di naman kahabaan yung pila. I paid P500.
    Pre pinagseminar ka pa nila? Ako naman nahuli dun sa may SM dun sa may entrance in between ACE and Supermarket at around 2AM. Ang tumbok nun ay Dusit Hotel, eh since nakasarado yung kalye, bumalik ako at bigla akong hinarang sabi one way daw yun. Nahalata nya na wala akong balak maglagay kaya ayun, may ticket ako.. hehe..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jusipus View Post
    Pre pinagseminar ka pa nila? Ako naman nahuli dun sa may SM dun sa may entrance in between ACE and Supermarket at around 2AM. Ang tumbok nun ay Dusit Hotel, eh since nakasarado yung kalye, bumalik ako at bigla akong hinarang sabi one way daw yun. Nahalata nya na wala akong balak maglagay kaya ayun, may ticket ako.. hehe..
    wala na seminar bro, bilis lang naman. kaso may record ka na sa kanila. i guess pag madami ka na violation baka subject for seminar ka.

Saan ang office ng MAPSA?