New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    every day i see alot of red plate vehicles running around the streets after 5pm. But so far the most annoying one i keep seeing is the one near our house. This guy has the gal to bring home a red plate Ford Everest, and on top of that he has a Fortuner parked inside his indoor garage. Im really curious to know who this guy is, what position he has, and what department he happens to be working in ... and just so you guys know. even on weekends everest stays there...
    And to top it all off most of these vehicles plates looks like theyve been brushed a buhmillion times coz their color is. faded the reason ull notice that theyre govt vehicles is coz of the letter S.
    Dont these people understand the meaning of "for official use only"

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    buset yang mga yan. ang kakapal ng mga mukha. madalas akong makakita ng mga cars w/ red plate sa sm north naka park. dilg yata may jurisdiction sa kanila. sana may mag post ng number dito kung saan pwede ireport yung mga yun

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Actually, some gov't vehicles are supposed to be used anytime of the day. Pero if the said gov't vehicle bears a seal of the unit/agency that owns it (City Government, MMDA, DOST) and bears the markings that says "For Official Use Only", normally the use of the said vehicle is bound to the operating hours of the unit/agency. Otherwise, it's treated like a private vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoRRR View Post
    every day i see alot of red plate vehicles running around the streets after 5pm. But so far the most annoying one i keep seeing is the one near our house. This guy has the gal to bring home a red plate Ford Everest, and on top of that he has a Fortuner parked inside his indoor garage. Im really curious to know who this guy is, what position he has, and what department he happens to be working in ... and just so you guys know. even on weekends everest stays there...
    And to top it all off most of these vehicles plates looks like theyve been brushed a buhmillion times coz their color is. faded the reason ull notice that theyre govt vehicles is coz of the letter S.
    Dont these people understand the meaning of "for official use only"
    Sir, baka naman government official naman yang neighbor mo. And true to form ang gamit nya sa vehicle na naka-assign sa kanya, "For Official Use Only".

Seriously, as far as I know, there are a lot of government agencies that operate 24/7 the reason why we see vehicles with red plates running around after 5pm and even on weekends.

I'm not condoning the use of government vehicles for personal use of any government employee. Baka naman me special mission or may official duty sya sa agency nya at naka-assign sa kanya yang Everest na yan.

You have a reason to rant if you see his wife use that vehicle to drive and fetch their kids to and from school or use it for family leisure or go malling on weekends. Kung nakaparada lang sa bahay nila over the weekend and wala namang marking na "For Official Use Only" baka responsible government official naman sya.

Suggestion ko is for you to do some sleuthing and find out who your neighbor is. For all you know, his use of that vehicle might be legit. Just my thought.
    Last edited by ooba99; May 20th, 2008 at 04:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It's no different when you compare it to a private company issuing a car to an employee. Same lang yun. Sabi nga, unless may nakasulat na "For Official Use Only", the assignee may use the said vehicle for whatever purpose it may serve, may it be official, professional or personal, for as long as he's not using the said vehicle in illegal activities (i.e. involvement in crimes, etc.)

Like what sir ooba99 mentioned, the said vehicle may be used legitimately.

And yes, government vehicles may be used for personal purposes for as long as: it's assigned to you, and does not bear "For Official Use Only" markings, it's properly logged at owning unit/agency. And yes, you pay for fuel for your personal trips.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kakapal ng mukha !!!!!!! ang mahal ng taxes lalo na dito sa caloocan tapos di mo ramdam yung binabayan mong buwis .. !!! grrrrrr

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Syempre ginagamit ng mga lintek na government officials na yan ang mga kotseng yan for whatever purpose they like. Ang nakakainis pa e, pwede naman sanang murang kotse or AUV or SUV for that matter lang, e kung minsan meron pang mga high-end na kotse akong nakikita na pula ang plaka. The gall of these people.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Can you say FOR OFFICIAL ABUSE ONLY?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Syempre ginagamit ng mga lintek na government officials na yan ang mga kotseng yan for whatever purpose they like. Ang nakakainis pa e, pwede naman sanang murang kotse or AUV or SUV for that matter lang, e kung minsan meron pang mga high-end na kotse akong nakikita na pula ang plaka. The gall of these people.

Tax po natin iyang mga sasakyan na iyan, pati na ang gasolina o krudong ginagamit nila...

Sana nga ay personal na nilang gasolina kung personal na gamit... Pero, mahirap paniwalaan....

6000:mobile:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mga sirs/maam meadyo OT questions lang:

Ang mga numbered plates kagaya ng 08 or regional govt plates diba bawal rin gamitin yun as private transpo?
    How many of those plates are allowed per govt official? Ang sabi daw kasi ng govt friend ko eh dapat maximum of 2 vehicles w/ plates na ganun per owner lang ang allowed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
RED PLATES: What the hell are they doing on the road after office hours?!