New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    What if the deed of sale was signed but not yet notarized, let say about more than 6 years. Will it be valid for change of ownership if process in the LTO?

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk
    ^NO. Article 7 of the Civil Code is very clear:
    "Laws are repealed only by subsequent ones, and their violation or non-observance shall not be excused by disuse, or custom or practice to the contrary. xxx"

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Muntik nako kanina sa tinignan kong sasakyan. bale ganito:

ex-company service dati yung sasakyan. bale nakaapat na ownership. From company to Person 1 up to person 3....pang lima nako kung nagkataon. kaso walang deed of sale between person 1 & 2.

tapos nung hinihirit kong itest drive sa hiway e ayaw. sa loob lang ng subdivision gusto.

at nung hinahanap ko ang chassis number e sabi nung tatay e nasa data plate na daw na nakarivet. kahit anong hanap ko daw e wala sa chassis. diyos nating lahat! parang ipinanganak naman ako kahapon. hehe

ok na sana dahil malapit lapit na sa budget ko. baka madale sa konting kanta at sayaw kako pero alanganin ako sa paperworks.

ano tingin nyo?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    under whose name is the CR/OR? anyhow, hanap ka na lang ng iba. marami pa dyan. mas maganda kung mayron kang nagustuhan, ipa macroetching mo sa pinakamalapit na pnp crime lab.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    What if the deed of sale was signed but not yet notarized, let say about more than 6 years. Will it be valid for change of ownership if process in the LTO?

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk
    No notary public in his right mind will notarize that deed. What if at time of notarization (for example, today) the seller is already dead? He cannot notarize that document without incurring criminal and administrative liability.

What can be done is for the seller to surface and acknowledge that the signature on the deed is his. Or better still, if I were the notary, I'd require him to affix his signature one more time.

Problem is if the seller can no longer be located.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    No notary public in his right mind will notarize that deed. What if at time of notarization (for example, today) the seller is already dead? He cannot notarize that document without incurring criminal and administrative liability.

What can be done is for the seller to surface and acknowledge that the signature on the deed is his. Or better still, if I were the notary, I'd require him to affix his signature one more time.

ito pa pala ang isa kong problema. yung deed of sale (kung di nagkamali tingin ko) between the original owner represented by a company exec (which is a telecoms company) and the second owner e hindi ata nanotarize. plus etong second owner and the third e walang deed of sale. pero yung deed of sale between the 3rd and 4th is notarized. pero registered naman yung vehicle up to this year (july ata).

bottomline, nakapangalan pa rin sa telecoms company yung or/cr. e yung telecoms na yun e wala na ngayon.

titingin na lang talaga ako ng iba pa.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post

ito pa pala ang isa kong problema. yung deed of sale (kung di nagkamali tingin ko) between the original owner represented by a company exec (which is a telecoms company) and the second owner e hindi ata nanotarize. plus etong second owner and the third e walang deed of sale. pero yung deed of sale between the 3rd and 4th is notarized. pero registered naman yung vehicle up to this year (july ata).

bottomline, nakapangalan pa rin sa telecoms company yung or/cr. e yung telecoms na yun e wala na ngayon.

titingin na lang talaga ako ng iba pa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Muntik nako kanina sa tinignan kong sasakyan. bale ganito:

ex-company service dati yung sasakyan. bale nakaapat na ownership. From company to Person 1 up to person 3....pang lima nako kung nagkataon. kaso walang deed of sale between person 1 & 2.

tapos nung hinihirit kong itest drive sa hiway e ayaw. sa loob lang ng subdivision gusto.

at nung hinahanap ko ang chassis number e sabi nung tatay e nasa data plate na daw na nakarivet. kahit anong hanap ko daw e wala sa chassis. diyos nating lahat! parang ipinanganak naman ako kahapon. hehe

ok na sana dahil malapit lapit na sa budget ko. baka madale sa konting kanta at sayaw kako pero alanganin ako sa paperworks.

ano tingin nyo?
    what's the problem, sir?
    it's so obvious..
    walk away from it! it can never be yours because the chain of ownership is broken.
    sakit lang ng ulo ang mapapala nyo diyan..

data plate na nakarivet... yan siguro yung aluminum plate na traditionally na naka-rivet sa rear wall of the engine bay, under the windshield frame.. but when LTO gets the stencil, they get it from the figures stamped on the metal body itself. hinala ko, ibang katawan na yan.. yung aluminum dogtag lang ang orig. anuyan... nakaw? o kinalawang na nang husto yung original body, and what you see now is the replacement body.?

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

what's the problem, sir?
    it's so obvious..
    walk away from it! it can never be yours because the chain of ownership is broken.

data plate na nakarivet... yan siguro yung aluminum plate na traditionally na naka-rivet sa rear wall of the engine bay, under the windshield frame.. but when LTO gets the stencil, they get it from the figures stamped on the metal body itself. hinala ko, ibang katawan na yan.. yung aluminum dogtag lang ang orig. anuyan... nakaw? o kinalawang na nang husto yung original body, and what you see now is the replacement body.?
    yup....crinoss out ko na sa list ko.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

what's the problem, sir?
    it's so obvious..

yup....crinoss out ko na sa list ko.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    question uli:

eto situation for example:

CR is still named to the 1st owner. nakalimang ownership na (so therefore 4 pcs of deed of sale). pano kung isa dun sa 4 na deed of sale e hindi notarized?

one seller is telling me he is the 3rd owner. sa dami ng naitanong ko (via text) regarding papers e sabi kung magkasundo kami e itatransfer na daw nya sa pangalan ko ang ownership pero nasa original (1st owner) pa rin ang cr sa ngayon. dahil sa layo ng probinsya naming dalawa, hindi ko maafford papunta/bumalik sa probinsya nya para ayusin ang papeles kung sakaling may problema. parang mas komportable pa rin ata ako na ako na maglakad ng transfer once na maclear ng pnp provided kumpleto ang papertrail nya (at syempre notarized) kahit nakailang mayari pa.

question uli:

eto situation for example:

CR is still named to the 1st owner. nakalimang ownership na (so therefore 4 pcs of deed of sale). pano kung isa dun sa 4 na deed of sale e hindi notarized?

one seller is telling me he is the 3rd owner. sa dami ng naitanong ko (via text) regarding papers e sabi kung magkasundo kami e itatransfer na daw nya sa pangalan ko ang ownership pero nasa original (1st owner) pa rin ang cr sa ngayon. dahil sa layo ng probinsya naming dalawa, hindi ko maafford papunta/bumalik sa probinsya nya para ayusin ang papeles kung sakaling may problema. parang mas komportable pa rin ata ako na ako na maglakad ng transfer once na maclear ng pnp provided kumpleto ang papertrail nya (at syempre notarized) kahit nakailang mayari pa.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I'm not teaching you to do this. What I'll tell you is something that really happens. It is patently illegal but sometimes people do get away with it.

Some notaries public (and some who pretend to be notaries public) antedate the notarization of documents for a hefty fee. Some also notarize docs even if the person who signed the docs is not before them.

When you present these improperly notarized docs to LTO, the latter does not verify the docs such as whether the "notary public" is indeed a notary or that the doc was indeed notarized on that date.

I guess if the transaction on the doc is a sale of a motor vehicle which will depreciate over a short period of time, for example, no one would really care. But if it is a piece of land, that would be a different ballgame altogether because one would have to contend with other parties who might be interested in the land and might be minded to investigate how the sale of land or transfer of ownership was effected.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

so it boils down to, "palakasan ng loob" .. the "i'll take my chances" mentality..
    heh heh.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast