New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakaka emergency talaga pag nahuhuli ng traffic violationa. Pwede bang mang aresto ang traffic enforcer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i remember, many years ago.
    makati uniformed traffic person flagged me down, "for on the spot emissions test".
    i got a look at his ID on his chest, and noticed, "sir, expired na ID ninyo. ayokong makipag-usap sa un-authorized person". and away i drove, before he got a chance to say anything.
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Sa Makati, alam ko meron usually sa banda Chino Roces, Makati Avenue-red light district area (being main thoroughfares in and out of Makati).

Pero, yes. Makati may own rules sila. And since late, hindi din naman sila nagkunwari check point but rather since may nakita nag beat the red light, kahit na hindi sila assigned as traffic enforcement, nagtaka sila nagmadali ka kumaripas since "malapit sila" (timing lang ito na right place wrong time).

Just as a story that happened to me many years ago (more than a decade na), nagsundu ako sa kapatid ko ng madaling araw late shift sa may CSB Area. Nagkataon nung pasakay siya may parating na mobile ng pulis. Eh, nakasakay na kapatid ko e di umalis na kami. Pag andar ko, biglang nag wang wang yung pulis. Akala ko una emergency so tumabi ako para makadaan siya, pero binuntutan lang ako. So ako pala pinapatigil.

Nagtaka ako. Tigil na lang ako. Tinanong ako kung sino sinundo ko. Pinakita ko lang kapatid ko. Kamukha ko naman, pinaalis na kami.

Naghinala lang sila na may nangyayari mali kasi malapit sa ermita area. So check na lang nila. Nagmukha kasi umalis ako dahil nakita ko paparating na sila.

So, I think parang ganun din yung nangyari.

Pero since hindi ka naging cooperative and defensive, lalo pa tuloy lumala yung kaso na umabot na pinapulis/blotter ka.
    This I think is reasonable, they suspected that something is not normal besides the violation so they decided to pursue in a group. With the argument contesting their authority, they asked for the assistance of the police.

The problem now is, as pointed out by *Sebastian Bach , how to prove that it is/was an emergency considering that he wasted his time to argue and even went to the police station.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    Somethings fishy, you said may emergency ka right, to justify yung beating the red light mo? How come nag wawaste ka pa ng time to argue sa enforcers? Why not just let them issue you a ticket and contest it later on, magkakaron ka naman ng medical records to prove it. You have the right to do this. Umabot pa kayo sa antayin mga police officers vs emergency justification mo.

Good thing may mga enforcers pa rin ng ganyang oras, I always see drivers not following traffic light on wee hours coz "wala namang bantay". Sana hindi ka tulad ng mga to at legit yang emergency mo.

Since emergency naman justification mo, just contest it. Wag mo ipilit yung pwde ka ba hulihin, coz mali ka naman din talaga. Contestable yan if emergency, show them papers, tapos problema.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by danegoesonline View Post
    Pinapauwi na po ako ni mama dahil mataas ang blood pressure nia dalawa lang kc kami
    I was already stressed that's why I overlooked the traffic light and I was also sick that time.
    I told the enforcer about it but he still insisted to get my license.
    immediately, I apologized to them and showed that I have my license but I reject to hand it over because I observed that they didn't follow the proper protocol and procedure of apprehending a violator like they gang up on me by 3 then 5 plus the one indicated above.
    Emergency ka pala. Nakipag argue ka pa. Tatagal ka lang.

Eh diba purpose mo makauwi agad? Then man up, tell them you have an emergency at home. If they insist on a ticket, give your license. It should take no more than 5 minutes.

Yung nagargue ka pa just proves you dont have a real emergency. Mas importante pa sayo walang ticket eh

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sometime arrogance in us motorist comes first, kahit pa alam natin na me violation tayo. Malinaw naman ang batas, traffic enforcers are not allowed to confiscate license unless there is an accident involve. But they are legally and we as a motorist are bound to show them or ibigay ang license. Now kapag hindi nila sosoli dun mo lang dapat insist or remind them the Rules. But kung hinihingi pa lang and maangas na agad, wla na. Even Policeman are not allowed to confiscate license only those that are deputized by the LTO. Let us show them due respect coz they are just implementing the traffic rules. Remember hindi naman lahat sila is Kotong..ikaw kaya ang mabilad sa initan, ulanan and puyat sa work, tapos meron ka mattapatan na traffic violator na obvious na me violation pero sa halip na mag greet eh maangas pa ang will insist pa ng kung ano ano..How would you feel?
    Last edited by Jiggs; November 16th, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hinde kaya sabi nya Police Emergency kaya nagkada leche leche tuloy

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think only mmda doesn't confiscate license. City police or enforcers deputized by the mayor do confiscate licenses. Why? Because a percentage of the fine goes to the ticket issuing enforcer and cities are not centralized. Cities want u to claim and pay fine. U can escape that if license returned to u and u just throw away the ticket. So ano katibayan, right? Pero may loophole pa rin. Ex. Pwede ka mag loss license sa qc pero nahuli ka sa manila.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your arrogance made a bigger problem. Instead of cooperating by surrendering your license you argued and asked for their "mission order". So what if it is 3am? And so what if they are not assigned to that intersection? Ordinary citizens can make citizens' arrest, why not traffic deputies in uniform and on duty if they actually saw you commiting the violation? WTF were you trying to do? Serves you right if they file charges against you and cancel your driving license. For me your canceled license will be one less a$$hole on the road.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by danegoesonline View Post
    Pinapauwi na po ako ni mama dahil mataas ang blood pressure nia dalawa lang kc kami
    I was already stressed that's why I overlooked the traffic light and I was also sick that time.
    I told the enforcer about it but he still insisted to get my license.
    immediately, I apologized to them and showed that I have my license but I reject to hand it over because I observed that they didn't follow the proper protocol and procedure of apprehending a violator like they gang up on me by 3 then 5 plus the one indicated above.
    Your mom's life is on the line.

Nag beat ka ng red light kasi di ka makapag antay ng 1 or 2 minutes and you still have time to dissect their

mission order
    time sheet
    area of responsibility

really? at nag antay ka pa ng pulis and pumunta sa presinto?

I call this story BS

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    And you were nt arrested as your question presents. Laws were made for the interst of the genersl public not for people to bend to their convenience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast