New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    e-jeepneys have already been introduced.
    if they are as street-good as they are believed to be,
    i imagine, they should be flying off the shelves by now.
    Probably the range is still a problem, as well as the long charging time as compared to filling a gas tank.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Probably the range is still a problem, as well as the long charging time as compared to filling a gas tank.

i think so, too.
    the required siesta time would be too long.
    unless!
    someone comes up with an easily-replace-able battery.
    exchange discharged battery with a fully charged one, taking only a minute or two, at either end of the route...

as i recall, terminator model 101's power pack was the size of an eyeglass case...
    Last edited by dr. d; October 3rd, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think so, too.
    the required siesta time would be too long.
    unless!
    someone comes up with an easily-replace-able battery.
    exchange discharged battery with a fully charged one, taking only a minute or two, at either end of the route...
    Yung e jeepney sa las pinas by Star8 may solar panel sa ibabaw.. wala pa naman ako nakita na low bat along the road..

Kung generally flat roads and short distance say 10km pwede na yung e jeep.. pero kung medyo akyatin like antipolo dapat yung diesel na isuzu euro 4

Madami option.. dapat kasi nag mandate ang government sa auto companies na may plant dito like mitsu and toyota to develop mass transport then augmented by short route e-jeep..instead na pinapasok yung imported like mahindra

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wonder how that will affect the emissions though?

same as to what we have today... Euro Negative.

Paper work will all say Euro-4, you can make adjustments to the injection for it to pass the emissions test. pero in day to day, its your everyday jeep.

As for the Anti-Poor Sentiment.

Nung tinigil namin yung jeep business namin, we gave the units to our deserving drivers/mechanics.
    Pati Franchise binigay namin.

Imagine these people, di nila kakayanin bumili ng bagong Jeep...

Pero having seen the operator's point of view.

The perfect scenario is for a big company to run all these Jeeps then give proper salaries to drivers with full medical benefits.

Mawawala yung "cutting trip"
    Boundary system
    And matitigil yung uuwi ng maaga kasi kumita na.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    why isn't anyone showing any logical calculations, though. My mind continues to reject anything na hindi backed-up kahit simple breakdowns lang ng kung paano mas advantageous ang isang option compared to the rest. Ang nakikita ko lang is yung breakdown kung paano babayaran yung jeep.
    All the good things I read about it are too good to be true. And let's say totoo nga, na that's the plan. Ang mag eexecute yung the best and the brightest admin. Hingan mo ng business plan baka magpresent ng matrix. Spelling sa tarpaulin mali, logo ng office of the president, baliktad. And these are only the simple and petty ones. There are bigger blunders and anomalies. Baka ma 3-6 months na naman tayo niyan. And I'm sorry for having to bring this up but yes, this is still political.

But yeah sana magwork para may legacy naman na iiwan (aside sa paglilinis ng manila bay at boracay).

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    As for the Anti-Poor Sentiment.

Nung tinigil namin yung jeep business namin, we gave the units to our deserving drivers/mechanics.
    Pati Franchise binigay namin.

Imagine these people, di nila kakayanin bumili ng bagong Jeep...

Pero having seen the operator's point of view.

The perfect scenario is for a big company to run all these Jeeps then give proper salaries to drivers with full medical benefits.

Mawawala yung "cutting trip"
    Boundary system
    And matitigil yung uuwi ng maaga kasi kumita na.
    This just crossed my head right now.
    Di kaya ang gumagawa ng mga anti-poor sentiments is yung mga mismong operators lang? Mawawala sila sa eksena dahil di na sila needed sa bagong scheme. Di na sila boss.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Di kaya ang gumagawa ng mga anti-poor sentiments is yung mga mismong operators lang? Mawawala sila sa eksena dahil di na sila needed sa bagong scheme. Di na sila boss.

The operators are the ones that need to spend and also have access to information.

Their drivers on the other hand are spoonfed whatever they "understand" from their operators.

So... yes. I would assume all the propaganda comes from the operators with their drivers only succumbing to their whims and they act on what they are told, not what they know.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017

Possible.

But the biggest suspect there are their umbrella organizations for these drivers/operators, PISTON, FEJODAP, 1-UTAK, etc. who act as lobby groups.

A friend told me that these "organizations" get huge collections from their members in the hundreds of thousands a month, kasama pangbayad sa pulis. With the modernization in place and having COOPS or corporations running the PUJs, tanggal ang allowances ng mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Operators talaga tatamaan dito. Most of the drivers will be absorbed by the new operators.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    A friend told me that these "organizations" get huge collections from their members in the hundreds of thousands a month, kasama pangbayad sa pulis. With the modernization in place and having COOPS or corporations running the PUJs, tanggal ang allowances ng mga yan.
    this is true...

(note that personal experience is more than 10 years ago)

"Organizations" are on top.
    Each route will have a smaller "Organization" which maintains payment for:
    - parking rent/dispatcher
    - traffic police/enforcer

"Smaller Organization" will get annual fees from Operators and Drivers

Being a non member will mean, wala kang right to get passengers from the "terminal" (terminals are illegal sa jeeps)
    You don't get to get passengers from busy intersections
    and wala kang priority to cross the intersection kapag traffic

Normally, kapag may "special operations" ang LTO, non-members lang ang nahuhuli since may advance natice ang "Small Org" a day before.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast