New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti na lang nag-upgrade ako ng license. Pwede ako magdrive ng ambulance. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    naalala ko lang nung nagkita2 kaming magbabarkada dati. nung napansin nila na pula na ung license ko, pinagtawanan ako kesyo raw kinareer ko na ang pagda-drive.

mga salbahe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    the term professional does not state on how well you drive but it is a designation if you use your licence as a profession or not...

non-pro:

1. green
    2. minimum of 17years old, 3-years only
    3. less than 300-400 to renew, drug test included
    4. you can only drive vehicles you/your family own...
    5. you cannot assist a student driver
    6. some regard non-pro as "much up-level" than the pro-licence.

pro licence:

1. red
    2. minimum of 18 years old, 5-years to renew
    3. more than 400 pesos to renew, drug test included
    4. you can drive practically anybody's car
    5. you can assist a student driver
    6. you can drive a private, public or a government vehicle...
    7. kaya most drivers dapat prof. licencce..
    Kelan pa nagsimula ang 5 years renewal? I have a pro-license; but I renew it every 3 years. I just renewed it this year and the expiration is 2010.

As a non-pro, you aren't limited to drive your/your family owned cars only. You can drive anybody's car as long as you are permitted by the owner, it is not PU or for hire, and it is within the restriction/s of you license.

Traffic Info :car:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

When I renewed my driver's license some years ago, and drug test was required,- I opted to have it converted to professional license since only police clearance + exam were the additional things I have to fulfill. The exam was straightforward if you really know driving and traffic rules and regulations.

4202:banned:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBeer View Post
    Kelan pa nagsimula ang 5 years renewal? I have a pro-license; but I renew it every 3 years. I just renewed it this year and the expiration is 2010.

As a non-pro, you aren't limited to drive your/your family owned cars only. You can drive anybody's car as long as you are permitted by the owner, it is not PU or for hire, and it is within the restriction/s of you license.

On the 5-year renewal of license (both for non-pro or pro), I'm quoting Sec. 23 of the Land Transportation and Traffic Code, as amended:

[SIZE=2]"Sec. 23. Issuance of driver's license, fees and validity. — If, after such examination, the Director or his deputies find that the applicant possesses the necessary qualification and proficiency in the operation of motor vehicles, is able to read and write any of the official languages or a major dialect and knows how to read and interpret various traffic signs, signals and road markings, a professional or nonprofessional license may be issued to such applicant upon payment of the fee prescribed in accordance with law, but prior to the issuance of said license, the applicant shall present himself in person and have his photograph taken by the bureau. All driver's licenses issued shall be signed in the presence of the Director or his deputies and shall bear, among others, the full name, date of birth, height, weight, ***, color of eyes, blood type, complete current address, right hand thumbprint of the licensee, license number, and its date of issue and expiration.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"In the issuance of licenses, the Bureau shall use such process or adopt such measure as will prevent any alteration or falsification of a license or will enable the Bureau to detect any unauthorized license.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] "Except for student permits and new licenses, all driver's licenses shall be valid for three consecutive years reckoned from the birthdate of the licensee, unless sooner revoked or suspended: Provided, however, That, subject to Section twenty-six hereof, any holder of a professional or nonprofessional driver's license who has not committed any violation during the three-year period shall be entitled to a renewal of such license for five-year period."
    [/SIZE]
    Emphasis mine

Clipped from www.chanrobles.com

Has anybody availed of the 5-year renewal?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Abo yun mga red or green pinag uusapan nyo? Blue lang kasi color ng license ko Nung kumuha ako nag pa assist na ako sa A1 Driving school para wala na problem pag kuha. Nung written test namin ay yung taga assist na sumasagot sa papers namin and wala ng practical exam.

need ba talaga pro if you're driving a private vehicle pero not owned by family? hehe dami ko na na drive na di sakin, either boss ko may ari o mga tropa ko,, hehe.. bawal pala un? mapa elf, van, FB, matic, SUV, hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post
    need ba talaga pro if you're driving a private vehicle pero not owned by family? hehe dami ko na na drive na di sakin, either boss ko may ari o mga tropa ko,, hehe.. bawal pala un? mapa elf, van, FB, matic, SUV, hehe
    technically, professional's license is needed if you are driving to make a living (school bus, private driver, canter van, etc.)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    non-pro license, limited lang sa private vehicles and motors. restrictions are 1, 2, or both 1 and 2

pro license, pwede ka na magdrive ng kahit ano; puv's, delivery trucks. and like sir 1d4lv said, it is used to make a living. restrictions: 1, 2, and 3

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007

You can drive another person's car or vehicle even if you are a non-prof license holder. You are allowed up to 4,500kgms in gross weight. An aluminum van like a canter/elf is 4,000kgms so you can operate this but the plate number should be green (private) and not the yellow (for hire) hauling services.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Professional vs. Non-professional driver's license