New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would like to ask if anyone here has experienced problems with registering vehicles that start with "R", "G", "C", and "B" in Manila. I remember reading before that the LTO has been refusing to renew some vehicles that were imported through Port Irene. I would like to hear about personal experiences.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kinda OT:

When my sister was still here in Manila, I was renewing the yearly registration of her car at LTO Makati, no problems naman. But it was an "F" plate.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No problems with our "K" plates. Sulat lang ng home address ng may-ari (registered to my mom but my bro is using it in Manila). AFAIK no problems with our "G" plates too pero it was not registered in Manila nor Cebu.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    parang mahirap pag gray import na auto ang ireregister. lalo na yung mga may G and Y plate na multicab. been reading about it sa mga ibang threads at ibang forums as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thank you for your comments. Of late, I've been quite curious about some C and R plate vehicles I've been seeing available.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I have a "C" plate imported car, no problems naman with renewing registration in the 2 years I had it. Although I must say that it is older than your average C registration, the car arrived here and first registeredin Pampangga in 1987.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    No problem with a "B" plate sir, just registered last june.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ah... Good to know. Thank you very much for putting in your personal experiences with registration.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Someone is selling me a car with plate starting with "A", bought/registered in Ilocos in 2012.

When I register in 2015, what should I need to prepare and can I just register in any LTO in Metro Manila?

Kindly advise. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko, registering it will not be a problem. may plaka na eh.... just make sure all necessary documents are available like importation permits, customs clearances, etc..... baka hingiin eh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Problems with registering provincial plates in Manila