New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This is the first thing you do when you are involved in a road traffic incident on which both parties cannot agree who will be responsible for the damages.

Don't move your motor vehicle wether it is your infraction or not.

And wait for the traffic authorities to come.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mas mahirap ata ayusin pag PUV ang nakabangaan mo.. =/

lalo na pag ikaw ung binanga omg T___T

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Depende kung saan nangyari ang aksidente, kung sino ang nakabangga mo at kung may nasaktan o wala. If the accident is away from your home city, say in the province which is the hometown of the other party and he or his passenger was injured then there is a big chance that he will use his connection to make the most of the situation. Corrupt police might even persuade him to mulch some money from you by detaining you (worst time is Friday night, you might have to spend time in detention till Monday). Some police investigator might even insinuate that you're drunk or under the influence of drugs just to scare you into doing exactly what they want (sana pera lang, I know somebody who was beaten black and blue by blood thirsty cops).

Also, make sure that you secure all your valuables and that you don't give the impression that you have mucho dinero.

I also know somebody whose BMW was hit by a tricycle apparently intentionally and the police tried to put the blame on her driver. It took her sometime to recover the car.

As to the police report make sure that it is fair. And if it put the blame on you, don't sign it. The report should be as neutrally factual as can be and if there's no admission of guilt by any party then that is what it should show even though the other party alleges fault to you.

And if it's your fault, exercise the fifth (if you're in America) or your right to remain silent and to an attorney of your choice especially kung medyo madugo yung accident.

Lastly, pray for God's help in any case.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Check if the other driver is a hottie. If she is, move away your cars and park near a coffee shop to exchange pleasantries

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfWill View Post
    mas mahirap ata ayusin pag PUV ang nakabangaan mo.. =/

lalo na pag ikaw ung binanga omg T___T
    Sinabi mo. Yung nakabangga sa akin na jeepney driver, maayos kausap sa una. Panay hingi ng pasensya since nawalan siya ng preno. I-text ko lang daw sa kanya yung cost tapos punta daw siya sa bahay namin para pag-usapan.

Ti-next ko nga sa kanya yung quotation, tapos hindi na ako binalikan. Oh well, at least may police report. Yung insurer ko na lang ang bahalang mangulit sa operator niya. May porsiyento daw akong makukuha eh. :D Medyo kainis lang, kung hindi ako binangga in the first place, I wouldn't be short on cash right now; the money I spent as participation fee could've been used to repair my laptop instead.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    observe first before stepping out of the car ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Pointers on What To Do When You Got Involved In A Traffic Accident