New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

Bumili na rin ako ng headlight sealant/protectant. Ewan ko lang how effective this is, but we'll see in due time. Yung kasama ko sa opisina, he waxes his headlights kasama sa body- after over 5 years, wala pa oxidation lenses niya.
    I do the same with our cars where i also use the same wax for body on the headlight lenses. So long as it's a non abrasive wax it's okay.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    You can try this, but, I don't think it's portable.

What do you call this "car umbrella"? I'm currently staying here in Subic and the hotel has no covered parking lot. The car is exposed night and day and will be in this condition for 3 months, 4 days a week. I bring the car near the shore every morning and then go back to hotel in the afternoon.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    What do you call this "car umbrella"? I'm currently staying here in Subic and the hotel has no covered parking lot. The car is exposed night and day and will be in this condition for 3 months, 4 days a week. I bring the car near the shore every morning and then go back to hotel in the afternoon.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
    It's called a foldable garage. It has to be bolted to the concrete road to keep it from moving about. It's not portable as the steel structure needs to be assembled.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Search online for car roof umbrella ...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    It's called a foldable garage. It has to be bolted to the concrete road to keep it from moving about. It's not portable as the steel structure needs to be assembled.
    Thanks. This won't do and besides, the general manager could not approve my request for a retractable tent, much more for a permanent installed one.

I guess I'll just have to go for a wax application on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Search online for car roof umbrella ...
    This won't do since I'm not just avoiding the sun, but being exposed for the whole day and night. Anyways, I just hope that it won't do much damage for the incoming three months of "exposure abuse".

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Thanks. This won't do and besides, the general manager could not approve my request for a retractable tent, much more for a permanent installed one.

I guess I'll just have to go for a wax application on a regular basis.
    It's just 3 months. Regular wax application is probably a lot practical in your case.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    It's just 3 months. Regular wax application is probably a lot practical in your case.
    If you're in Subic and near the beach, it's not only the sun that might harm your car. Pati hangin. Kasi may asin ang hangin from the sea.

I think the best solution you can do is frequent car wash and regular wax. Don't skip the roof part. Dame ko nakikita sa parking namin looking from the 3rd floor ang kikinis and ang gaganda ng paint job pa sa mga panels pero yung roof ng mga kotse nila magaspang na and walang kintab.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    If you're in Subic and near the beach, it's not only the sun that might harm your car. Pati hangin. Kasi may asin ang hangin from the sea.

I think the best solution you can do is frequent car wash and regular wax. Don't skip the roof part. Dame ko nakikita sa parking namin looking from the 3rd floor ang kikinis and ang gaganda ng paint job pa sa mga panels pero yung roof ng mga kotse nila magaspang na and walang kintab.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I am literally near the beach as the car is just a few meters from our ship. Good news is that the service vehicle (Landcruiser '92, I think) is now available.

What I'll do is just leave the car in the parking lot of the hotel. No way I can wash it here but to wipe it only with a wet microfiber cloth.

I just don't know if it's a good idea to use a car cover.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I just don't know if it's a good idea to use a car cover.
    Don't - just don't. Moisture rising from the wet ground after a heavy downpour will seep into the cover and could make the cover stick to your car's paint when it is subsequently baked under the hot sun. You can get away with a car cover if you leave the car in a garage. But out in the open, don't.

Just wax the car and put sunshades all around your windshield and windows before you leave. It would also help if you find a spot where the afternoon sun does not hit your car. You know, like beside a building that casts a shadow over your car in the afternoon. Just not under a tree ha.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Park mo doon sa haunted hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast