New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'd rather walk than commute.
    I agree. but we "walkers" are just a minority in this country.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'd rather walk than commute. Whenever my officemates and I would have lunch out at the mall they want to take a cab for a 1 kilometer (or even less) distance. It's more on ayaw nila mainitan, ako naman gusto ko naiinitan kasi minsan lang ako maarawan (covered parking ako sa bahay at office) When I had covid I took the Vit D test and in spite of taking tons of supplements, I barely passed sa Vitamin D ko (20 to 30 is low and I am 30.30)

PRE COVID, I always choose covered parking even if it means walking longer and I also don't like switching parking lots often so I would rather walk. Honestly, ngayon ko nga lang narinig yung notion na nakakahiya maglakad
    Walking is great! Even when I was still in UP when I got a car my habit was to park once at the start of the day and then walk to my classes lang, even if across different buildings. Cross sunken garden going between Engineering and A/S buildings, lakad lang even all the way to the Math building.

A doctor friend na almost senior works at Makati Med. When we meet up in the Makati CBD nilalakad lang din nya, even all the way to places near the EDSA side of Jupiter street. On days na wala syang car he takes MRT and walks from Intercon to Makati Med.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I agree. but we "walkers" are just a minority in this country.
    ako basta less than 3kms, i consider it "walkable". kelangan lang talaga ng maaayos na walkways. pag coding, i park sa isang mall just outside QC then commute to office. pabalik, i jog it. mga 7kms lang naman.

about parex, not totally against it pero i'd rather have better public transpo and walk/bikeways. kahit lagyan pa nila ng toll yung walk/bikeway basta covered, safe and may clean restrooms, ok lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    San Miguel says Palafox joining PAREX project | ABS CBN

"For the PAREX project, our approach will be the same, we are designing not just infrastructure, but an urban landscape. We are promoting sustainability through architecture, with a holistic vision,” said Palafox.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567