Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
As a car driver, the most irritating thing some motorcycle riders do is travelling slow and stay in the between the 2 lanes, preventing you to move past them unless you take some part of the opposite lane.

Also when I'm riding my bike myself, some riders stay in the middle of the their lane which prevents me as a rider to overtake while on the same lane. Staying in the middle of the lane as motocycle rider is a very disadvantageous position to be in, for one blocks your view on the incoming road and traffic.

And if you are following closely a 4 wheel vehicle in front of you, and you stay in the middle, chances are you might run on some potholes, manholes or other road hazards that 4 wheel vehicles will just run past over between their wheels. The best strategy, I think as a motorcycle rider is to follow the same tracks as the bigger vehicles and not staying in the middle, I dont know why other rides keep staying in the middle. But it just irritates me coz its harder to overtake sometimes especially in high volume traffic or in single lane roads.

But I dont have a problem with sharing the road and with motorcycle riders lane splitting during traffic and getting front of the traffic on intersections stoplights. Really big advantage for 2 wheel riders is the time saved travelling, really wished I had gotten into motorcycle earlier in my life.

Jeepneys and PUV for me are still the worse especially those who stop and congregate just after intersection and stoplights, really just making the traffic worse. And some intentionally slow down and let the time run down to go red as they approach stoplights to pickup some passengers in major intersections.
I actually don't mind this. That's the way they were supposed to ride in the first place. It's not as efficient as could be, but no less efficient than me sitting by myself in my car taking up a whole car's space.
When I see someone riding like that I just treat them as if they were a small car.