New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that should mean, they will have to acquire special instruments and adopt inspection menu to measure sound level...
    If you want to nip the noise problem in the bud and still be fair to everyone with aftermarket/non-OEM exhaust parts.

Pero in the grand scheme of things, sana nationwide nalang.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    You know why theres anarchy on the streets of Manila?

Those MTPBs manning the streets dont even know how to drive!

They’re barangay tanods who got nominated by their barangay to become traffic enforcers. Cityhall initiative parang patronizing the chairmans.

Its all politics.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If you want to nip the noise problem in the bud and still be fair to everyone with aftermarket/non-OEM exhaust parts.

Pero in the grand scheme of things, sana nationwide nalang.
    well,
    i hope enforcement is not going to parallel that for blinding foglights and bumper lights, LED headlights and light bars.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I pity those Subarus & 86s owners with P200k titanium exhaust systems, if they do live in Manila.

The problem with newly enacted laws like these, interpretation differs among enforcers. The overzealousness of some cause more than an inconverience to many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    You know why theres anarchy on the streets of Manila?

Those MTPBs manning the streets dont even know how to drive!

They’re barangay tanods who got nominated by their barangay to become traffic enforcers. Cityhall initiative parang patronizing the chairmans.

Its all politics.
    a colleague was once accosted near manila city hall, for "beating the yellow light".

i myself, was also accosted for beating the yellow light (not in manila).
    i reasoned, "i could have stepped on the break, but that would leave me in the middle of the intersection. is that what we want, mr. officer?"
    truly, the yellow light is one big grey zone, fraught with personal judgement.
    and the shorter the yellow light period, the greyer the judgement.

in one provincial highway, car speeds are 'higher than usual', the intersection is so wide, and the yellow light segment is so short.
    for a time, it was, in my opinion, a watering hole for traffic enforcers.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 17th, 2021 at 08:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a colleague was once accosted near manila city hall, for "beating the yellow light".

i myself, was also accosted for beating the yellow light (not in manila).
    i reasoned, "i could have stepped on the break, but that would leave me in the middle of the intersection. is that what we want, mr. officer?"
    truly, the yellow light is one big grey zone, fraught with personal judgement.
    and the shorter the yellow light period, the greyer the judgement.
    Thats newest trend among the TEs, beating the yellow light. Wtf

We have the same route, tignan mo pagwalang timer yun stoplights, dami MTPB.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Thats newest trend among the TEs, beating the yellow light. Wtf

We have the same route, tignan mo pagwalang timer yun stoplights, dami MTPB.
    and you know how the enforcer stopped my colleague's car?
    he bodily stepped onto the front of his still-moving car!
    pano kung nabangga siya!

isa pa yan!
    bat nila pinapatay yung timer?

OT.
    in an intersection in makati,
    the newly-installed 'no left turn' sign was positioned far from the corner, partially covered by other signage in front of it.
    of course i did not see it!
    nung sinita ako, i said, 'hindi naman bawal, ah! madalas kaming kumaliwa dito...'. but pinakita sakin yung karatula.
    "mamang pulis, sinong gago (yes, i said that!) ang naglagay ng karatulang yan na malayo sa kanto at kinukublihan ng ibang karatula? sinadya ba niya yan na para hindi makita?"
    TE let me off.
    two weeks later, the sign was moved forward and was now more visible.
    two months later, the sign disappeared, restoring that intersection to its former "may turn left" splendor.
    later, the left turn was incorporated into the electric traffic light system. meron nang umi-ilaw na red arrow at green arrow.
    rant.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 17th, 2021 at 09:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kabaligtaran sa akin sa manila enforcers I find they are one of the nicest as long as tiga Manila ka I mean address mo is sa manila. They will always just give warnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Manila is ok, at least during the time I was in college

C5 and BGC are the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I wonder how will they police this. We have to see the implementing rules and regulations before we react to this ordinance.

Will they instruct LTO to inspect vehicles registered in Manila?
    Or will they set-up check-points around Manila?

If I remember correctly, PMVIC has a 99db requirement. will Manila put this ordnance on top of the PMVIC guidelines?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ordinance banning aftermarket/modified exhausts passed in Manila