New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    kahit properly aimed basta LED huli pa din?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I'll believe it if they catch a big fish. Like that stupd a$$ congressman from Ilocos who wanted immunity for all congressmen for traffic infractions.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The problem, I think, is that the authorities have allowed these things to go unchallenged for decades. It would've been ideal if they had nipped it in the bud, so to speak.

Noong paisa-isa pa lang ang violation, they should've done something about it. For example, there are already existing laws about proper vehicle lighting and they've probably been around since before all of us were born. All they had to do was enforce them.

But alas, the system simply failed on so many levels.

The first on that chain of proverbial 'filters' is the LTO. If they had been sincere and prudent about a vehicle's road-worthiness, bagsak na siguro kalahati ng vehicle population. They have so-called "inspectors" that does nothing but sit at their desk with their thumbs up their behind. The only thing they inspect is if you have your EWD and if it is the authorized kind.

"Opo, ok lang walang brake lights or pundido isang headlight or naka-LED bar ka, or kalbo na gulong mo..... basta meron kang EWD na may sticker ng LTO". Nampusa, diba?! (Full disclosure: I honestly don't know if things have changed for the better in recent years).

Then there's the DOTr, the MMDA, HPG (did I miss anyone?). As for the importation of non-road legal vehicle accessories, the BOC would've been the government body to stop them. But since our agencies don't talk to each other, they didn't care.

I also think that subjects around road safety should be part of the education for kids. Dapat bata pa lang, ingrained na sa kanila on how they should act on the road. So yeah, DepEd is not spared from the list.

Right now, bad driving habits, coupled with the availability of cheap nasty accessories, and with the enforcers cherry-picking violations and/or becoming violators themselves, et al, they're already deep-rooted into the culture of the general public that any attempt to fix them in a manner less than having an iron fist, will likely result to failure.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Most of the private vehicles I see with blinkers and sirens originate from the vicinity of Malacanang...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    there should be atleast proper way to measure nakakasilaw. i mean conventional halogen pa yan if naka tutok naman sa mukha ng kasalubong nakakasilaw pa din, same as kahit kabitan ng ilaw ng eroplano kung naka aim naman sa ground hindi makakasilaw yan. sana man lang meron sila board or kahit manila paper with measurements then place it 25ft forward, pag above the line bagsak or below the line pasado kahit ano klase ilaw pa yan. that is the proper way.

also, kung nagaabang sila ng nakakasilaw habang nakatayo sa sidewalk sure masisilaw sila kasi yung beam is naka angat talaga sa right side para mailawan ang mga tao sa sidewalk and also street signs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ano na kaya ung nangyari dun sa naka number 8 na plate number na peke....nakasuhan kaya

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    they only took down 0.0001% of violators. 😅

happy days 🎂🎂🎂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    they should also raid those stores selling those led blinkers and offroad led lights with no covers. yun ang mga pasimuno nyan e.

iirc diba sinabihan mo dati yung isang store na paki sabihan naman yung mga nagpakabit na maging responsible/considerate sa pag-gamit ng LED bars? ano nga ulit sagot sayo bro?
    parang pilosopo pa yata ang dating diba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    James Deakin is telling LTO that PD96 doesnt cover LED lights... so true!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    more clarifications to come...

road courtesy will be improved 😁

Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12