New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_13 View Post
    Kung walang sign it means pwede.

Minsan naman right lane must turn right, dame nadadale dito nyan sa pasig lalo na yung mga dayo lang dito. Di sila pwede mag contest kasi ang laki nung sign.
    halos na-dale ako dati.
    argue ko, "may karatula nga doon, nguni at kupas na kupas na, hindi na ma-basa ang nakasaad!"
    which is the plain truth.
    pina-alis ako.
    i don't drive there often, kasi. the sign was truly almost-blank.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 27th, 2019 at 09:23 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    halos na-dale ako dati.
    argue ko, "may karatula nga doon, nguni at kupas na kupas na, hindi na ma-basa ang nakasaad!"
    which is the plain truth.
    pina-alis ako.
    i don't drive there often, kasi. the sign was truly almost-blank.
    Even worse than that is the ol' "traffic sign concealed by a tree branch" or "facing the wrong direction" trap.

An example of the latter would be making a right turn into what turned out to be a one way street. Happened to me in Manila a long, long time ago. Mayroon nga pala sign, but hindi nakalagay dun sa corner where the driver turning into the street can see it. Nandun nakalagay sa kabilang corner, slightly facing away (bent/vandalized on purpose). Tapos midway into the street, andun naghihintay yung mga buwaya...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it also happened to me.
    northbound bautista corner buendia.
    sinita ako for left-turning. may karatula daw. but i complained, as there was no such the week before.
    i even went down and walked back to verify. meron nga! but it was located much further in, partly covered by other signage. if one were not looking for it, one would not have noticed it at all.
    and i complained so. "sino bang nagkabit niyan? parang sinasadyang i-tago, 'di bah?" of course, they could not dis-agree, as the evidence was there for everyone to see.
    pina-alis ako.
    a couple of weeks later, said signage was re-installed up front, where it can be more easily seen.

actually, left-turn and no-left-turn signages in that intersection come and go. we motorists are confused, when they will decide to replace the status quo.

actually, our government is a signatory to the international traffic signage policy or something to that effect.
    this policy dictates how signage should be designed, placed, etc.
    while some of our local signage do conform, a few do not.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 27th, 2019 at 06:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ang pinaka-ayoko is when Im out on front then ung sa likod ko bumubusina and flashing of lights urging me to turn right kahit stop pa, regardless kung may sign ng 'no right turn on red signal' or wala.

Pag may sign, i would roll down my window and point to the sign.

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    actually, left-turn and no-left-turn signages in that intersection come and go. we motorists are confused, when they will decide to replace the status quo.
    The more confusing it is, the more they like it. It gives the corrupt ones an excuse to make their dirty money.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Ang pinaka-ayoko is when Im out on front then ung sa likod ko bumubusina and flashing of lights urging me to turn right kahit stop pa, regardless kung may sign ng 'no right turn on red signal' or wala.

Pag may sign, i would roll down my window and point to the sign.
    Bro, wag na. Baka ma-misinterpret pa yung gesture mo (thinking you're giving the other driver the finger). Alam mo naman yung Emotional Maturity (EQ) ng maraming Pinoy drivers is very low.

If you watch some of the videos in the goon squad thread, parang mga batang nagdadabog. I really have to shake my head sometimes at grown men & women, behind the wheel of a 2 ton++ machine, but acting no better than 6 year old throwing a tantrum.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Naguguluhan ako sa intersection ng Aurora Blvd (Tramo, Pasay) at Airport road. May sign na no right turn at red pero all the time kumakanan ang mga nasa middle at rightmost lanes.

Para ma-avoid ko na lang na hindi mabusinahan, I stay on the middle lane. Kaso yung middle lane naman may arrow na for left turn only. What's more, many vehicles make right turns from the middle lane din.

Sa mga madalas dumaan don, papano diskarte nyo?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Naguguluhan ako sa intersection ng Aurora Blvd (Tramo, Pasay) at Airport road. May sign na no right turn at red pero all the time kumakanan ang mga nasa middle at rightmost lanes.

Para ma-avoid ko na lang na hindi mabusinahan, I stay on the middle lane. Kaso yung middle lane naman may arrow na for left turn only. What's more, many vehicles make right turns from the middle lane din.

Right turn kung stop Airport road to Tramo at go left turn to Aurora ng Airport Road to T3.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post

rightmost lane, stop ka if go yung cars coming from T3/airport road is green, Turn right if nag left turn na yung cars coming from Airport road/domestic Terminal.
    Wag ka mabahala dun sa mga bumibisina sa iyo, sumusunod ka naman sa tamang batas.
    Hindi naman sila ang magbabayad ng penalty pag nahuli ka.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    rightmost lane, stop ka if go yung cars coming from T3/airport road is green, Turn right if nag left turn na yung cars coming from Airport road/domestic Terminal.
    Wag ka mabahala dun sa mga bumibisina sa iyo, sumusunod ka naman sa tamang batas.
    Hindi naman sila ang magbabayad ng penalty pag nahuli ka.
    Yan nga common sense dictates na pwede kumanan habang kumakaliwa yung mga galing airport rd to tramo. Kaso naka-red na agad ang ilaw. Dapat yung mga pakaliwa lang ang naka-red. Anyways, thanks.

Yung iba talagang matitigas ang mukha mapa private car, bus o trak, ipipilit pa ring kumanan kahit go na yung mga dumederecho ng airport road. Walang enforcer sa intersection.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Right turn kung stop Airport road to Tramo at go left turn to Aurora ng Airport Road to T3.
    Thanks. Magulo lang ilaw sa intersection na yon.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast