New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I have a car, missing 1 plate. Now i put an "improvised plate" with the same number at the back and filed an affidavit of loss. Have not had the chance to request for new plate nor get an "authority" for the improvised plate.

Makati police stopped us. What is the right offense? They put "no plate no travel". The car has 1 plate in front and is registered. I think the offense he put is wrong and only a means for us to pay a bigger heaftier penalty. Also confiscated license of the one driving. As this is my car, i want to fix it.

Can anyone help or know anyone who can help?

If this is the true violation, i do not mind and will pay everything. If makati police was being dishonest, please some1 let me know. I will see a case against this to the end even if it costs more. (In which case, i will appreciate referal to a lawyer good at this sort of thing, or some1 connected to makati city hall or makati police)

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKnight View Post
    I have a car, missing 1 plate. Now i put an "improvised plate" with the same number at the back and filed an affidavit of loss. Have not had the chance to request for new plate nor get an "authority" for the improvised plate.

Makati police stopped us. What is the right offense? They put "no plate no travel". The car has 1 plate in front and is registered. I think the offense he put is wrong and only a means for us to pay a bigger heaftier penalty. Also confiscated license of the one driving. As this is my car, i want to fix it.

Can anyone help or know anyone who can help?

If this is the true violation, i do not mind and will pay everything. If makati police was being dishonest, please some1 let me know. I will see a case against this to the end even if it costs more. (In which case, i will appreciate referal to a lawyer good at this sort of thing, or some1 connected to makati city hall or makati police)

Thanks in advance!
    Pinirmahan ba ng driver yung traffic violation receipt? Kung pinirmahan na, walang magagawa kundi magbayad na lang. Kung hindi pinirmahan pwede i-contest. usually the fine will be lowered pero hanggang dun lang may babayaran pa rin.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bobotroldan View Post
    Pinirmahan ba ng driver yung traffic violation receipt? Kung pinirmahan na, walang magagawa kundi magbayad na lang. Kung hindi pinirmahan pwede i-contest. usually the fine will be lowered pero hanggang dun lang may babayaran pa rin.
    Hindi pinirmahan, pero the police scribbled the driver's initials on the place where the driver was supposed to sign. Tsk tsk. So easy to pay na lang, pero in the interest of justice dapat lumaban for what is right. Otherwise, walang katapusan ang injustice.

Any advise on next step? How to contest and/or file something?

No plate vs missing plate vs improvised plate -- help!